Trusted Contributor

on how many times Medicare Advantage tv ads are ran every 10 minutes!  This ads are going to be relentless until after enrollment period...ugh!  I don't know about you but I do not anyone that has free dental, vision,etc and kick back to your social security money...it is all bs....venting...thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: There should be a law...

Every time poor old Joe comes on, we talk to him "Hey Joe, how could you let them do this to you?".....

And now its poor old William (Shatner).....

Yup, they (and others like Jimmy JJ Walker) are channel changers.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

My Medicare Advantage plan has $750 reimbursement for dental (plenty for me) , free eye exams, and $125 reimbursement for eyeglasses. NO money back to me each month.  And yes, I HATE the constant ads.

Respected Contributor

The company no doubt pays big bucks for the ad, and the "famous people" hawking it. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@northiie57 

Whether you like it or not, there is no other way to better reach older people than the TV.  Not newspapers, not magazines, not internet.  

Personally, I find campaign commercials during any election more annoying, and they seem to last months longer.  

Your best option is to stop watching TV in real time .... just record what you like and fast forward through every commercial and save yourself both time and aggravation.

Trusted Contributor

They tell you to check your zip code for the free stuff from Medicare and extra SS money. So far,  the only zip code that qualifies for anything free from Medicare is the one for the local cemetery.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

The company no doubt pays big bucks for the ad, and the "famous people" hawking it. 

@mom2four0418 

Of course they do .... tv ads are expensive whether it's for corn chips, instant coffee or whatever ....  It's also reaches the most people, so it's the best use of advertising dollars.

Trusted Contributor

I can't get to the remote fast enough when those ads come one. Now am alao deluged with junkmail for Medicare plans and even spam calls for it as well. Looking forward to Dec. 10 when the re-enrollment period is over.

Respected Contributor

I like my Advantage Plan...those ads are not Medicare sponsored, they take your info & transfer you to an insurance salesperson. I cringe when I see those so called stars fronting this nonsense & change the channel as fast as I can..Thank Goodness for the tv remote.

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I always joke that an actor or celebrity knows they've graduated to being a "has been" when they're asked to do those silly commercials.

The commercials are relentless though...