Trusted Contributor

Re: There should be a law...

The Wellcare commercial with Joe Montana is the most entertaining one yet. But it is beginning to wear out its welcome.

Honored Contributor

There should be a law preventing them from telling so many lies and giving misleading information.  They should not be allowed to prey on Medicare beneficiaries in that way.  

Honored Contributor

I saw that the other day!   I wanted to laugh at that then I realized that when people put in their zip code or any number, a sales rep picks up the phone and bamboozles  the person into taking their plan.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina wrote:

The Wellcare commercial with Joe Montana is the most entertaining one yet. But it is beginning to wear out its welcome.

@Caffeina   Montana's net worth is estimated at $100 MILLION....and he needs to make a commercial?    (Besides the fact that he can afford any medical care he wants.)    

And that "Broadway" Joe Namath commercial is a JOKE, too.   He needs a free ride to the doctor?    

These fellas should stick to football.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Those commercials are not on every channel--only the ones that people of a certain age may watch the most.

I usually look at my computer when I watch the television anyway, so I can ignore all the ads, or I can play some music and mute the sound.

Right now I am watching House Hunters International and the family is looking for a home in Bangkok.  (NO Medicare commercials!)

It seems quite a competitive and lucrative industry if it requires so many ads!!

Respected Contributor

@Q4u  I am sure "poor Joe" needs all those freebies he is talking about. LOL

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 

Most have the option, or at least many, to do as I do. There is not 1 single show on TV, be it a national news program, or my New York Rangers hockey team playing a game, that I do not time shift(DVR/TiVo/Record).

There is a "commercial skip button, AND a Fast Forward Button also". I use these and can watch a 1 hour show in 42 minutes. Tired of commercials? Here is 1 of several I can think of right off the top of my head.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

First of all the whole thing is one big sham.

Medicare is NOT gonna give anyone anything.

You can only "get" if you're on Medicaid.

The only "free" thing about Medicare is Part A.

I went on these celebs facebook sites and posted how you could get on TV, especially William Shatner who was  everyone's hero in Star Trek now scam the public.  I got blocked from his site but not from Namath's or Jimmy Walker's.  I only told them what I think, I did not get nasty or belligerent.  

Yes, it's pathetic.  Not only do they clog up the TV with this garbage but I get junk in the mail about it, emails, you name it.  I don't want any part of that nonsense.

Respected Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

They tell you to check your zip code for the free stuff from Medicare and extra SS money. So far,  the only zip code that qualifies for anything free from Medicare is the one for the local cemetery.

of course.  I mean, I learned a LOOOONG time ago.....anything to good to be true,   IS...

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

There should be a law preventing them from telling so many lies and giving misleading information.  They should not be allowed to prey on Medicare beneficiaries in that way.  

THIS POSTER NAILED IT.......