Respected Contributor

Re: There should be a law...

@Q4u There is a law.  It's called "The Law Of The Remote".  Use it to change a channel when anything you don't like is on the screen.

Trusted Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Q4u There is a law.  It's called "The Law Of The Remote".  Use it to change a channel when anything you don't like is on the screen.

I try to change the channel every time the animal abuse commercials come on.  In winter they are shivering with cold, in summer they are dying of thirst, and recently there's a spate of starving dog commercials.

There really should be a better law than the law of the remote.  These repulsive commercials are ubiquitous.

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Every time poor old Joe comes on, we talk to him "Hey Joe, how could you let them do this to you?".....

And now its poor old William (Shatner).....

Yup, they (and others like Jimmy JJ Walker) are channel changers.... 

@Q4u  Dyn-o-mite !!!  Next step for them, is the obligatory "older" contestant on Dancing With The Stars.   💣💥🕺💃

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We here in Maine,are being bombarded, with adds for question 1,i am sick of seeing ,hearing them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll take insurance company ads for Medicare supplements or advantage plans over the lie filled ads from political groups. It's amusing to hear organizations run by the wealty and elite try to get working class people to vote against their own best interests.  

Valued Contributor

The agent gets a ton of money from Medicare to sign up a new person ! That's why they are so aggressive and tell stories about getting free stuff to get people to reac

Honored Contributor

@judianne wrote:

The agent gets a ton of money from Medicare to sign up a new person ! That's why they are so aggressive and tell stories about getting free stuff to get people to reac

Agents cannot sign up someone for Medicare. The recipient has to do that either online or paper.  I did it online, easy peasy.

Agents can sell you a supplemental plan which covers most of the 20% Medicare doesn't pay, or an advantage plan. 

Agents don't get a ton of money. They average about $52,000 per year from sales of supplement plans or advantage plans.  They have to work a lot of extra hours with individuals if they want to make more.

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Caffeina wrote:

The Wellcare commercial with Joe Montana is the most entertaining one yet. But it is beginning to wear out its welcome.

@Caffeina   Montana's net worth is estimated at $100 MILLION....and he needs to make a commercial?    (Besides the fact that he can afford any medical care he wants.)    

And that "Broadway" Joe Namath commercial is a JOKE, too.   He needs a free ride to the doctor?    

These fellas should stick to football.

right! and his voice sounds like bozo the clown now, not a good sound  Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I am always doing something else while I watch tv.  I have a magazine, my laptop, a crossword or something going. And commercials just get tuned out.  And I can do that very effectively.

People are always talking about commercials I have never seen.  That's because I ignore them mostly. 

Respected Contributor

We are also bombarded by phone calls.  Generally we allow an answering machine to kick in, but at times we are anticipating an important call, so we do pick up the phone to answer.  Then we get one of the annoying pitches that is discussed on this thread about Medicare Advantage, Parts A and B, blah, blah, blah.  All the person wants is to sign us up for THEIR insurance plan.  I tell them I know what they are calling for.  "OH, no, this is just for INFORMATION for you about changes in Medicare in 2022."  Then I tell the caller I am hanging up.  And I do.