Honored Contributor

There Is Something We Could Do

[ Edited ]

And we could start today.

There is a daily drone of hate talk in this country.  Uncontrolled anger, we even hear it from our some of our leaders and from a few who want to lead.

It's all over the radio, some TV and on the Internet.

We could turn it off and demand that it stop.  Boycott product supporters of certain outlets.  

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Re: There Is Something We Could Do

"Demand" that it stop? While I agree whole-heartedly with the good intention that I believe you have, I also believe that forceful anger only breeds more anger--just of another type. I believe the the best route to change is through 100% commitment to loving kindness--on a deeply personal level. I believe, for example, that there's only a small step from a little road rage on the interstate to mass shooting with an semi-automatic. I always marvel at some well intentioned groups who speak out so "hatefully" again hate. Seems so ineffective to achieve what we truly want to achieve.

Respected Contributor

The media feeds into the hate frenzy..... I refuse to watch major network news programming.  Only watch my local for weather/traffic reports.  The rest of my news comes from online sources or BBC.  I try to stay away from biased sites and the negative fear mongering shrills.  Works for me in most cases.    

Honored Contributor

There is a whole underground of hate on the internet. 

It's impossible to control.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

"Demand" that it stop? While I agree whole-heartedly with the good intention that I believe you have, I also believe that forceful anger only breeds more anger--just of another type. I believe the the best route to change is through 100% commitment to loving kindness--on a deeply personal level. I believe, for example, that there's only a small step from a little road rage on the interstate to mass shooting with an semi-automatic. I always marvel at some well intentioned groups who speak out so "hatefully" again hate. Seems so ineffective to achieve what we truly want to achieve.

I said nothing about forceful anger.  There's a technique known as being assertive.  It gets things done and is not made of anger.

Respected Contributor

I witness enough 'hate' on these QVC threads .... unleashed and unwarranted.  And we expect peace and harmony from the world-at-large....that's odd.  

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

There is a whole underground of hate on the internet. 

It's impossible to control.

You're right.

But there's also daily hate talk available even without the internet.  That could be a place to start, because there are people who listen to that all day, every day.  It fuels them.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

I witness enough 'hate' on these QVC threads .... unleashed and unwarranted.  And we expect peace and harmony from the world-at-large....that's odd.  

Who expects pease and harmony?  Not I.

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

The media feeds into the hate frenzy..... I refuse to watch major network news programming.  Only watch my local for weather/traffic reports.  The rest of my news comes from online sources or BBC.  I try to stay away from biased sites and the negative fear mongering shrills.  Works for me in most cases.    

I agree with you.  I wish more people did the same.

Honored Contributor

I dunno, 'hate talk' is clearly subjective.  There's nothing wrong with being assertive either imo......