Honored Contributor

Re: The TODAY show has turned into Mommy and Me

I find most morning talk shows dull. I used to watch to get the weather but now I just look at my computer. My DH enjoys Morning Joe so I am stuck watching that while we have breakfast.Just what I don't want to start my day - politics! At least it is usually presented with a dose of humor included.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trinity: I guess there are a lot of SAHM's out there across the country.  (Not around here; mostly grandmoms, and I'm not sure that those shows appeal to that group (demographic).........but, I've been wrong before.  TPTB most likely know what they're doing, $-wise. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fenway wrote:

So I'm Not Alone!! All the morning shows are unwatchable now!! All Baby Talk on The Today Show, Can't understand a Word Michael Strahan says on GMA and then there is Lara Spencer,(I'll show you how to re-cover a Chair!!) Why is she there and Robin seems to be off more than she is on!! Oh George a aa aa And finally he gets the work and out. I switched to CBS, But Norah O'Donnell seems like she is Not Awake till about 8:30am, and All Hunched over Charlie Rose, but then there is Oprah's BFF Gayle King trying to keep it together??

I tried to watch it once until I saw Gayle King and tuned it out. As for the Mommy stuff on the Today show, doesn't affect me at all. I started watching it because of Tamryn (spelling?) Hall and I stopped watching it when she left.  Love Hoda, but KL is someone I've never liked.  Why is she on tv anyway?  I did see her daughter in a Hallmark movie and she was cute. Time for Mommy to stay home and bake cookies.

Whatever happened to television that was actually interesting? These days you're not on unless you're too fat, too short, or a housewife with an unrealistic lilfestyle.  Even the news is a disaster.

Respected Contributor

I stopped watching Today years ago when the cacophonous "Panel" appeared and would give me a royal headache first thing in the a.m. I do not miss "UH-IGHT" Matt. Not one bit.

Frequent Contributor

opps Word Not Work

Honored Contributor

Today show is a victim of it's own sucess it now has 4 hours to fill. 

when these shows began there where no cable channels of news to turn to, and they had no competion. perhaps their time has passed.?

with many women working why try to capture the SAHM demo, maybe they need to figure out exactly who IS  watching at this time of the day .

Its not me, I can't stand the inaneity at all, 

Honored Contributor

Didn't this show used to be about NEWS? Now you can tune in for maybe the first half hour of the entire 4 to find some of the current news of the day.

It has become a talk show, and not a very good one at that. Way too frivolous in  topics, boring, and yes, geared to the much younger set.

It Must be working for them, but not for me. If I watch the first 15 minutes, that is usually it. It may be on in the background sometimes, but I really can't say I watch it or like it anymore.

Honored Contributor

I ditched the TODAY Show about 6 or 7 months ago.  Not missing much.....

Honored Contributor

I don't watch Today but that would have made me change channels too. 

Respected Contributor

Glad for Hoda and all, but she is a bit much since she's gotten back from her maternity leave w/ someone else birthing the baby. Did U see the show recently when Hoda's mother brought the baby on set w/ Hoda? Yikes 😳. With Savannah having 2 children , I actually think she came back without much drama. I don't watch everyday though- I'm at work.