Trusted Contributor

Re: The TODAY show has turned into Mommy and Me

@Sooner, I was thinking the same thing today about Today's Take. It really has just become girlfriends giggling. Of course, so are the other ones. I would be much better off if I just did not turn the tv on to begin with.

Frequent Contributor

It's hard to watch the "silliness" on Today. Can't stand watching Jenna Hager-Bush....she's constantly staring into the monitor as though she's looking into a mirror. Hoda K. is a bit TOO energetic for me. 

Trusted Contributor

OH Yuck!  I am about to retire and be able to watch the morning shows that I used to enjoy very much-I hate to hear thisSmiley Sad

Respected Contributor

That's nothing ..... do you remember when KLG's children were growing up .... I felt like I was their nanny~!   Knew everything about them.

Respected Contributor

I haven't watched this in over 30 years.  I wasn't my type of show back then either.

Super Contributor

Glad to see I'm not alone in my opinion of the morning shows.  A few minutes of news salted with personal opinions, over-talking each other, excess Hollywood celebrity coverage, contest to see who can be the wittiest, etc.  I left Today for GMA and GMA seems to be following in Today's footsteps.  Today needs to go to one hour a day and be done with it.  Until then I'll find something else to watch or turn off my TV.

Honored Contributor

Today may have a slight lead (of only 144,000 viewers) looks like CBS Morning is giving them a run for their money...............

For the third time in 5 weeks, CBS This Morning has come within 150,000 viewers of NBC’s Today show. Wednesday’s episode of CTM trailed Today by 147,000 viewers.

The NBC show remains far out front in the advertiser-friendly A25-54 demo while ABC’s Good Morning America holds the total viewer lead.

But CBS This Morning has seen sustained and significant growth since it launched 5 years ago, up +47 percent in viewers. Today is down -18 percent and GMA is down -6 percent.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/cbs-this-morning-finished-within-147000-viewers-of-today-show/328066

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I really don't know how anyone can stand to watch those morning shows.  They rank right up there w/soap operas.........yuck!  Waste of my time.  I haven't watched them for eons because there's just too much drama and junk.

Honored Contributor

I feel better now.  So it's not just cranky old me?  Sorry but Jenna Bush is impossible for me to watch--I'd like her better if she wasn't shouting all the time. 

There is no real information or real adult content any more.  Even the "cooking" bits are so rushed there is no point to having them.

Respected Contributor

Today is so awful and I keep watching out of habit.

People are getting paid big bucks to be that bad.Smiley Very Happy