Honored Contributor

Kate's Dress At Pippa Wedding Left Mixed Feelings

[ Edited ]

10111340-F242-4F2B-92F0-A5CEC02575D5-28847-0000170BBE6830F2.jpeg

Here is what I think: Kate Middleton will be Queen some day. Queen Elizabeth wears fashions that are extremely conservative. It just wouldn't do for Kate to outshine anyone at this wedding. So she made a perfect choice. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Kate's Dress At Pippa Wedding Left Mixed Feelings

I agree.  I think both Pippa and Kate dressed appropriately and both looked beautiful.  Classy never goes out of style.

Honored Contributor

Kate may not have chosen this dress, it may have been selected by her sister. Maybe Pipa didn't want anyone to outshine her!

Esteemed Contributor

It looks a little matronly for such a young,beautiful woman. But of course she wouldn't want to outshine the bride.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

That hat looks like something from Alice in Wonderland.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

10111340-F242-4F2B-92F0-A5CEC02575D5-28847-0000170BBE6830F2.jpeg

I think this picture is priceless.  I want to know how Mom got a feisty 2 year old to perform her assigned duties as flower girl.

Turns out big brother was the one who had the meltdown.

Those earrings were knockouts.
Valued Contributor

I think the entire outfit was perfect.  They were in church, she was in charge of the children (George and Charlotte's nanny was there too). She knew she would be bending moving, reaching, straightening, shushhinnng.

The color complemented the kids' outfits.  I'm sure she was stunning at the reception. I'll never forget her wearing a white strapless ballgown with a soft fuzzy white bolero jacket to her own reception.

Respected Contributor

Kate looks gorgeous, as usual.  Speaking of Kate and Pippa, I was shocked at Kate's wedding to see Pippa in a light cream color.  Even the announcer thought it was the bride for a minute; but it was Pippa.  I don't really care, but I thought it was VERY inappropriate - for the maid of honor to be wearing an ivory gown that could have been mistaken for the bride's gown.  Oh well.  (Just had to get that out... never forgot that after several years!)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, love the hat....looks whimsical and down the rabbit hole!  RE Kate wearing a conservative dress because of her royalty status, I think this whole Pippa wedding was overshadowed by the royalty stigma.  I question if Pippa's dress would have been so matronly and her ring so ostentatious (both very royalty influence), if her sister hadn't been Kate.  I could have imagined Pippa in a lavish flowing stunning summer bride's dress with a generous but reasonable-sized diamond that was elegant and gorgeous.  She is not royalty, but perhaps feels like she needs/wants (hmmmm....she did wear that ivory dress to Kate's wedding) to play the part.  Just a thought.

Valued Contributor

I think Kate looks absolutely beautiful. After all, it was her sisters wedding, princess or no princess, she shouldn't out do the bride. Just beautiful. IMO