Trusted Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Remember when grocery prices went up because of higher fuel costs, will they come down now that gas is down? Not a chance of that happening. 

Ha.  Never.

So true.  We still have $4.50 + a gallon gasoline here.  Wouldn't it be something is grocery costs came down. 

@Puzzle Piece ... Where are you located that gas prices are $4.50+ a gallon? That is highway robberry (pun intended lol) pricing for gas.

Esteemed Contributor

Riding it out is Ok if you are in your 30's.....feel bad for the folks close to retirement..

Super Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Remember when grocery prices went up because of higher fuel costs, will they come down now that gas is down? Not a chance of that happening. 

Ha.  Never.

So true.  We still have $4.50 + a gallon gasoline here.  Wouldn't it be something is grocery costs came down. 

@Puzzle Piece ... Where are you located that gas prices are $4.50+ a gallon? That is highway robberry (pun intended lol) pricing for gas.

WOW, the only time when I paid $4.50/gallon was during the Hurricane IKE days, in 2008. The refineries in Houston were down for a few days and weren't producing. Grocery prices didn't change, so that was certainly  a relief. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Riding it out is Ok if you are in your 30's.....feel bad for the folks close to retirement..

Exactly, those of us who are retired and trying to live on our savings can't wait 20 years to get our money recooped. Fortunately for us , we got thru the last crash without any loses and this time we have almost all our savings in municipal bonds so should be safe. In my personal opinion - the stock market is way to volatile for the average working person to have their life savings invested there.

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

........................................................................................

Love Roses,  Our gas is also around $4.50.   I drove for 6 hours today, and millions of cars was on the roads. ugg.    Maybe the gas should go to $10.00 a gallon to get some of the people off the roads.  (kidding)   

I'm glad I got out of oil and gas last year.  This is going to get worse.  A lot of companies are hitting the dust....the dust fall started around one year ago.  It has not been this bad for over 30 years.  

Esteemed Contributor

The markets just opened in Asia.

It should be interesting.

ETA: Shanghai Index is down 6%.

Trusted Contributor

Oil being that low........Today I paid $2.08 per gallon of gas.  I was shocked that it was that cost.  I don't drive much  now and so I move my car maybe twice a week and so it was nice to only have to pay $2.08.

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

........................................................................................

Love Roses,  Our gas is also around $4.50.   I drove for 6 hours today, and millions of cars was on the roads. ugg.    Maybe the gas should go to $10.00 a gallon to get some of the people off the roads.  (kidding)   

I'm glad I got out of oil and gas last year.  This is going to get worse.  A lot of companies are hitting the dust....the dust fall started around one year ago.  It has not been this bad for over 30 years.  

Seriously! gas here is under $2.50.

Respected Contributor

In San Diego we pay 50 cents more per gallon of gas than the second most expensive state. It's ridiculous. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Ca.  alwas pays more for gas then other States.  All kinds of taxes are added to the gas.  The cost of gas is mainly taxes.