Respected Contributor

Futures are down 660 pts this morning. I know this is a correction but... ouch! 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

Time to buy.

But I am going to pull some capital.  Tax free money I own may go into an IRA.  If interest rates rise, that money will earn at a higher rate later on.

Not yet time to panic, IMO.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Sure that sounds nasty, but at this point I think it's more useful to look at the percentage decline rather than the points.  I remember when a 100 point drop was panic time.  The Dow has been at record highs at several times over the last few years. 

But we are overdo for a correction.  One always hates to see your investments drop in value, but you also have to keep your eye out for good values at times like this.  Buy low, sell high!

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Time to buy.

But I am going to pull some capital.  Tax free money I own may go into an IRA.  If interest rates rise, that money will earn at a higher rate later on.

Not yet time to panic, IMO.

Sounds like a plan.  I might do this too.

Respected Contributor
Now down over 1000. Our financial advisor warned us about three weeks ago to rearrange our investments. Glad my husband heeded his advise.
Respected Contributor

Tell China thank you for causing the bubble to pop. You can't mess with devaluing currency ( twice last week) and expect some trickle down.

Esteemed Contributor
Oil is below $39/barrel !
Esteemed Contributor

Tell China yourself.

The sky isn't falling although the price of oil is.  yaaaaay

We're in a roller coaster ride for a few months. Right now as I type, the numbers are going up.  .

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Just going to have to sit tight and ride it out. 

There are some good bargains out there.  Scoop them up while they're low.

Honored Contributor

Often when we get these drops, Monday mornings crash--like now.  Then, by afternoon, things have gotten so bad around the world that people are looking for a safe haven, which is normally the U.S., and our market starts back up.  Which then triggers better feelings around the world and they gradually creep back up too.

All that said, man!  Did we take a hit this morning so far!  Sheesh!