Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Remember when grocery prices went up because of higher fuel costs, will they come down now that gas is down? Not a chance of that happening. 

Ha.  Never.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@brii wrote:

Ours is just under $3 a gallon. 

Just within the last couple of months, we were down to almost $2.00 a gallon. Then it started to go up.   The week before last, it went up $.50 a gallon in one day because of something that happened in a refinery in Indiana.  Then it slowly started to come back down.  

Same here. 

Honored Contributor

'Somewhere along the line' I recall hearing that when stocks go down, bonds go up.  And vice versa........Don't know how true that is.  We've been hearing about 'C' and the possible ramifications for a long, long time.  I'm not surprised.  There will be a recovery, I'm sure.  Just like last time.  There's always 'a reason' why 'this and that' happens.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Remember when grocery prices went up because of higher fuel costs, will they come down now that gas is down? Not a chance of that happening. 

Ha.  Never.

So true.  We still have $4.50 + a gallon gasoline here.  Wouldn't it be something is grocery costs came down. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Shoot. In CA. overslept and missed the opportunity. Have an order in to buy if the market dips again.

Honored Contributor

$2.40 for regular unleaded here......

everything is sitting tight in my portfolio right now......not moving anything around and not going to  panic......i am in it for the long haul, however long that may be.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Was able to make a small purchase.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Ha.  Never.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There's always an 'excuse' for 'this and that'.  Similar to a devious, manipulating youngster. (lol)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Gas in NJ $2.05 a gallon in many areas

In my area, gas prices fell twelve cents overnight.  That's huge here.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Last year for some reason I had a "gut feeling" the bull market had been going a long time. I made two very big cash outs just b/c of that feeling. Early this year, I had that "feeling" again. I just felt it was time for the bull to take a sleep. But, I ignored this time and now I'm kicking myself for not following thru.

Today I am just patting myself on the back for at least making the move last year. The market runs on fear & greed. I've learned not to be too greedy,