Honored Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

From Q's point of view, in retrospect, they might have done better to pull the forums without advance notice.  That wouldn't have given people the chance to organize, to revolt, and set-up an alternative.

I'm just thinking out loud - not saying I'd support such an approach.

@ValuSkr  - When they shut down the forums permanently in 2022, I bet they won't give any notice then.  They won't want a repeat of what happened this week.  

I'm not sure why you keep saying this.  They may close in December.  They may close next year.  They may never close.

At this point, I'm not sure QVC has a plan in place.

Honored Contributor

*Because of strong feedback, by the QVC Community, taking a pause on moving..

*Blogs and Forums to remain into 2022..

*Want our input on any plans to move going forward. We should be getting more information regarding this next week here on the forums..

This, in essence, is what I read in the message from the office of the Q's President on the new board.

My take, they don't have a plan as of yet. Our voices will be taken into consideration. Nothing is ever certain in life, so I'm happy they changed their mind about closing in November. For now, I'll enjoy reading and posting here as long as I'm able, like always. I signed up for the new board, but won't post there now, if ever. It's a wait and see for me.

~H~
Trusted Contributor

The damage was brought on by Qvc.  Qvc decided to rescind our eviction notice because they did not want to lose money on fashion day.  All the elevated prices in my wish list are still the same, I see no incentive to buy anything that is much more expensive offsetting the free shipping.  When fashion day is over it will be back to more of the same walking on egg shells wondering who we're offending now. Thank goodness we have some movers and shakers among us who took matters in their own hands and gave us options. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@agb80  I agree with you. The threatened shut-down has left a nasty taste in many mouths. Rescinding that, for however long, won't really amount to much for many of us who now have an option unless there are some fundamental changes in how these boards are managed and in the quality of the web experience. I came back over today to check things out, as I will continue to do, but I have to say it, despite the fact it remains open and active, there is the feeling of a pall hanging over this forum.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@agb80  I agree with you. The threatened shut-down has left a nasty taste in many mouths. Rescinding that, for however long, won't really amount to much for many of us who now have an option unless there are some fundamental changes in how these boards are managed and in the quality of the web experience. I came back over today to check things out, as I will continue to do, but I have to say it, despite the fact it remains open and active, there is the feeling of a pall hanging over this forum.

@stevieb I don't think there is a feeling of pall. It's not as active, and why would we expect it to be since many have left. It will gain momentum again.

Respected Contributor

Apparently, some haven't visited the HSN boards recently. They were once alive with posters. Then, they closed them down temporarily. When they came back, there were fewer posters. Then they did it again. And again; all with the notice the forums would be "improved". It never gained momentum again.

Respected Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

Apparently, some haven't visited the HSN boards recently. They were once alive with posters. Then, they closed them down temporarily. When they came back, there were fewer posters. Then they did it again. And again; all with the notice the forums would be "improved". It never gained momentum again.

In that case, some of the mods were friendly with posters on the boards. They were banning and suspending posters at the whim of the posters they befriended. It was shocking.
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  

A couple nights ago I was reading the forums. The last message I had read was one of yours, which was perfectly worded  and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with it. I left momentarily and came back and your message was deleted. You probably don’t even know it. I’ve experienced it too and this is the thing I’m most sick and tired of. 

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

From Q's point of view, in retrospect, they might have done better to pull the forums without advance notice.  That wouldn't have given people the chance to organize, to revolt, and set-up an alternative.

I'm just thinking out loud - not saying I'd support such an approach.

@ValuSkr  - When they shut down the forums permanently in 2022, I bet they won't give any notice then.  They won't want a repeat of what happened this week.  

Please stop spending that QVC will permanently close the forums in 2022. You have NO proof, yet you keep saying it. Why are you here saying that? The posters that are here are happy and enjoying the forums.

Go and enjoy your new board...

@pugvette74  - I can participate in both boards if I choose.  I love the Q and spend a good amount $$ each month here.  I'm just warning everyone to have a backup plan for when the boards shut down.  To think the Q boards will remain open indefinitely is not rational thinking, in my opinion.

@San Antonio Gal Yes of coarse you can participate on both boards but do you need to post that the QVC Forums are going to shut down permanently in 2022 in bold letters? TWICE?

Why not move forward and enjoy the forums here. You have no proof. You say "That is rational thinking"?

You say you love the Q, then respect the Q. Move on and enjoy the Q. Other members here are doing that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The new site is great and I like it very much but I will still post here sometimes.Woman Very Happy  

Truly amazing how much they got done on the new site in a few days and also amazing how many...over 900 joined up in just a few days!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller