Respected Contributor

So this whole board fiasco appears to be over, or at least postponed.

However, it seems the damage has been done. How many longtime posters have left for the other site and won't be back? How many posters have left altogether? Like, we're all scattered now. 

This whole thing was just weird, I'm sorry.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

I've not navigated myself very well on the new site yet so I'm glad these are back. I know change is good but it takes me a while to submit to them. I'll stay here as long as they keep them, mainly because it's familiar to me.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the new board.  Amazing that 6 women were able to accomplish what they did in such a short time and I will be loyal to that.  But I'll probably look at both forums.  Books and pets are my thing so you can't get too much of that.  I even found more forums after QVC announced they were closing so the more the better.  I find it just simple to navigate, no different than here and a couple of more categories in addition.

Honored Contributor

I never left due to being too busy with other things to allot the time to sign up at other boards.  Guess I'll just leave things as is.

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I've not navigated myself very well on the new site yet so I'm glad these are back. I know change is good but it takes me a while to submit to them. I'll stay here as long as they keep them, mainly because it's familiar to me.

In my opinion, change CAN be good but change isn't always good.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh , that's the truth! I retired from state gov't where we would change policies with each new governor and they always drilled into us that change is good. After 28 years, it's hard to stop that thinking. They always told us that the only ones who didn't want change were the older workers...way to hit us!

Honored Contributor

I was postponing the change over until it got closer to November 2, but now I don't think I'll register there.  I hope the others come back here.

Esteemed Contributor

Well I was very surprised at this announcement.   I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil!  I am happy though as I would have missed checking in on here and chatting with all of you.  I feel better Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I will be happy staying here for as long as possible. 

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

So this whole board fiasco appears to be over, or at least postponed.

However, it seems the damage has been done. How many longtime posters have left for the other site and won't be back? How many posters have left altogether? Like, we're all scattered now. 

This whole thing was just weird, I'm sorry.

I never left.