Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,293
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

I need to let my many friends here know that I like and appreciate those who can have different opinions, argue and get a little horsey sometimes, be a little unkind even and allow me to sometimes be all these things and still be friends.

 

I learn from you, respect you, and am glad there are people who can tolerate some give and take and engage in lively and productive discussions and differences. 

 

Thank you, hugs, apologies, and you make my world a better place!  Heart

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,973
Registered: ‎05-24-2010

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

What an uplifting post @Sooner 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,353
Registered: ‎01-27-2014

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

@Sooner @How nice of you to say this!....I feel the very same way! I've learned a great deal from the wonderful folks on this forum.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 68,924
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

@Sooner    Differing opinions are what makes a forum fun and interesting.  Just ask the Romans who started the whole idea if debate.  Just wish our mods would sometimes embrace this philosophy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,887
Registered: ‎05-23-2015

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

 


@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner    Differing opinions are what makes a forum fun and interesting.  Just ask the Romans who started the whole idea if debate.  Just wish our mods would sometimes embrace this philosophy.


@Kachina624 , I wouldn't want their job. Some back and forth is great, but things can get ugly fast.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,739
Registered: ‎05-19-2012

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

[ Edited ]

Sooner, yours is a healing post.  As someone who has a natural tendency to "see both sides,"  I believe that we can learn from almost anyone on the opposing side of a debatable issue.  All that is needed is an open mind.

 

As I've written several times on the forum, it is a critical error (at least to me) to drop someone whose view is diametrically opposite yours.  In our particular era, our political affiliation seems to define us for some people.  Don't be the person who does this, if you can help it.  If I were to drop those in the other, opposing group, I would have to turn my back on some of the dearest people in my life.

 

How poor my life would be without them. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,283
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

It's refreshing when someone acknowledges their faults.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 68,924
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

 


@QVCkitty1 wrote:

 


@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner    Differing opinions are what makes a forum fun and interesting.  Just ask the Romans who started the whole idea if debate.  Just wish our mods would sometimes embrace this philosophy.


@Kachina624 , I wouldn't want their job. Some back and forth is great, but things can get ugly fast.


@QVCkitty1    The trouble is they often delete things they think MIGHT become argumentative.  What's wrong with a bit of debate as long as nobody become rude or abusive?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,700
Registered: ‎07-26-2019

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

 

 

 " The Four Types of Conversations: Debate, Dialogue ,  ,Discourse and Diatribe. When talking with someone, it is helpful to know what type of conversation you are in. You can do so based on a conversation's direction of communication (a one-way or two-way street) and its tone/purpose (competitive or cooperative) "

 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,887
Registered: ‎05-23-2015

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye


@Kachina624 wrote:

 


@QVCkitty1 wrote:

 


@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner    Differing opinions are what makes a forum fun and interesting.  Just ask the Romans who started the whole idea if debate.  Just wish our mods would sometimes embrace this philosophy.


@Kachina624 , I wouldn't want their job. Some back and forth is great, but things can get ugly fast.


@QVCkitty1    The trouble is they often delete things they think MIGHT become argumentative.  What's wrong with a bit of debate as long as nobody become rude or abusive?


@Kachina624 , I hear you, but it's a slippery slope. I guess the way things stand we are lucky to have this board at all.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan