Respected Contributor

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner    Differing opinions are what makes a forum fun and interesting.  Just ask the Romans who started the whole idea if debate.  Just wish our mods would sometimes embrace this philosophy.

Actually I think they do.  They just get bombarded with complaints about being "offended" and "bullied" (when someone either disagrees or calls the offended one out for namecalling).

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Nancy Drew   I will agree with your post unless/until someone's opinion is hateful, racist, antisemetic, or containing discriminatory content.

That is not a subjective opinion as we all know how to identify the ugly.

Aside from that, to agree to disagree is the best course and I know you and I have done so on multiple occasions.

Making my point.

Respected Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The ones who can agree to disagree are great. Not the ones who tell you , you should be ashamed of your opinion and that your opinion is nonsense. 

Exactly!!!  There are the same few who are not only unkind and have an arrogance with their posts,  but never see themselves in that light.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Differing opinions are fine with me.  It is the personal attacks that bother me.  People making the threads personal by accusing people of hatred, racism, etc. if they do not like certain opinions.  The obvious baiting also bothers me.  Some threads are intentionally started to instigate arguments.