Respected Contributor

Re: Thankful for Friends Here Who Don't See Eye-to-Eye

I agree with @Nancy Drew that we should let the Mods make the final call. I don't think it's right when some posters report a thread to be deleted because they don't agree with some posts or are offended by the topic. Why not just avoid that topic?

Respected Contributor

I would like to express my appreciation for this forum. Oh yes, it most definitely has it's good, it's bad, and it's real ugly. But I was just thinking a couple days ago about all the many, many things I have learned here over the years. Some are small things, and some are really big things. I have learned so much that I otherwise would never know. I appreciate it and appreciate those here who have shared their knowledge and a piece of themselves for the benefit of others.

Thank you. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love a spirited discussion as long as it focuses on the topic and not the poster.  Snarky comments, personal attacks, calling people names, being rude  is off limits.  Respect for an opinion agree or not.  There have been times I have a strong opinion, right or wrong, but It was mine,  but don't express it because I don't want to be ridiculed or jumped on.  

Sometimes the written word doesn't come across as intended which can be a big problem.  My friend Sooner uses humor at times and I look forward to her comments (IMO right or wrong)🥰

Respected Contributor

What an exceptionally nice post (seriously) @Sooner, and worth every bit of 5 cents. (For readers, that's a joke from a previous thread) I try to give the benefit of any doubt or kindest interpretation when unsure and most often just walk away from an invitation for more conflict. It isn't always easy to find something very interesting to talk about that won't get deleted or cause emotional responses but these are the things that make life fascinating. 

Honored Contributor

I appreciate people who are brave enough to go against popularly held opinions. If disagreements are posted about respectfully, it adds depth to the discussion. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for your post @Sooner, and I agree with you!

I just wish when a thread or post is deleted we get a reason. We do, for the most part, but once in a while a thread just goes "poof." 

I think the OP should know why, even if it's the standard "argumentative" or "unkind to our host."

A lot of us are in and out because of schedules. I know if I start a thread and read some posts, then come back later and find no trace of the post, it's frustrating. I want to know why! But then I'm a curious person by nature.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

What an uplifting post @Sooner 

?

Respected Contributor

I'm not questioning the OP's intentions for starting this, but it seems like there have been a few of these types of threads the past couple of days.  I'm just wondering if people are worried about the forums going away again given the layoffs.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

Yes, I agree with you.  We all can learn something from each other.  We can't all be the same or look at things the same way, or have the same beliefs, or have the same likes.  This makes the world interesting!  But we need to be able to accept the differences that we all have and respect each other's opinions as you have said.  I may not like what a person does or says, but I know they have the right to do or say as they do, just like I do.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Well, this was a nice read.  If for some reason the Q ever decides to take this down without notice, we'll all be still be connected is some way for all we have shared here.

Thanks for the memories, just in case Smiley Happy