Respected Contributor

I'm of the opposite opinion.  I think there is too much control here.  All they have to do is post something on the landing page saying that the views posted here do not reflect the views of QVC or its shareholders, etc.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Thank you mods!

[ Edited ]

The "Other Board" is Primetimer?

I have read nothing anywhere else about Q forums.

Seems like trouble making. 

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

It's a shame that certain posters on the "other board" find it necessy to post bash after bash over there of the moderating here.  As I mentioned in starting this thread, it was meant to show my appreciate of the work the moderators do to keep things running smoothly.  As several of the responses to this thread have indicated, the moderators' job is certainly not an easy one.  Thanks again, mods!!!!!!

What's a shame is that you feel the need to drag drama over here.

Anything to stir the pot, I guess....

Respected Contributor

Re: Thank you mods!

[ Edited ]

I find that randomly thanking a moderator out of the blue is odd.

Strange and odd.  There clearly must have been a specific motivation.

It's so very, very odd.  There must have been a specific motivation.  Impetus.

Otherwise,  it's odd and creepy.

Proactively thanking a moderator is totally bizarre and strange and odd without context. 

Honored Contributor

There are non-religious, non-political current events that are of interest to many posters. They give their time to post and,, when they return later the thread has been removed with a generic explanation, or it has just disappeared. The removals are inconsistent and off-putting. 

Respected Contributor

Frankly, I'm glad to see inappropriate and unkind threads go.

Threads can start out with an innocent topic, and then some posters turn it sour. And occasionally a poster tries to hide their agenda in an original post, but that doesn't work for them either.

I'm glad we have Mods & moderating.

I'd rather see us sharing information & support than barbs.

Trusted Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes  I am just curious to know if you think there is anything odd going on here? 

I mean strangely, oddly odd?Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Yuppers.

Esteemed Contributor

Threads are not removed in a vacuum and moderators do not remove threads simply because someone reports them as containing something inappropriate. Attempting to make the moderators here a scapegoat for people who break the rules, try to be as provocative as possible hoping it will go unnoticed, yet inevitably cry foul when things to go sideways is nothing more than an attempt to shift blame onto the mods. 

Please don't tell me "but I just want an explanation"  and put the blame where it belongs--on the people who take things off the rails. 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

There are non-religious, non-political current events that are of interest to many posters. They give their time to post and,, when they return later the thread has been removed with a generic explanation, or it has just disappeared. The removals are inconsistent and off-putting. 

@occasionalrain   Except a good portion of the time the posts ARE political or religious.

They are not allowed here.  We all know that. 

If posters have an interest in current events that COULD be deemed religious or political by the mods, there are tons of other boards where those subjects can be discussed.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF