Valued Contributor

Re: Telling My Supervisor I Am Retiring Tomorrow

What are hearts for?Smiley Surprised

Valued Contributor

@63Chev63 wrote:

What are hearts for?Smiley Surprised

@A60_Chevy, They are similar to a like on Facebook.

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy and don't worry about what the boss might say or do. You are getting out of there and they are jealous. As for manuals I probably would just putz around on them until I left, never completing them. That's what I did when I transferred departments before I got laid off two years ago. My old boss wanted all this documentation before I left and I just putzed around and on my last day just left. What's the worst that could happen? You're gone. They have to deal with it.

Honored Contributor

Good to hear, Dell.  Give us an update once you're officially done!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are not nervous are you?  It is a bit late.  Sometimes we do need unbiased support.  I am a newbie that is very unbiased.  You can do it!Smiley Wink  Take this job...I am moving onSmiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I would give them 8 weeks notice. Companies have a way of making your life miserable if they decide to. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 with all due respect, I think one quits at 27, not retires.

@Dell1 congratulations!  Do you really NEED to worry about the manual?  You're retiring.  Unless you plan to work again and need a reference, I wouldn't bother.  Good luck!  I hope you love retirement!!

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I'm not sure I would give them 8 weeks notice. Companies have a way of making your life miserable if they decide to. 

WOW!  You make a good point!  I don't think it used to be that way, but I understand now that it is.  I think I'd wait as long as I could before saying anything...to anyone.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Congratulations,  I did the verry same thing a few months ago on a Monday.  I just handed in my resignation/ retirement letter and left.  

It was the best thing I have done in a long time. No regrets here.

Honored Contributor

Meowingkitty: I had to laugh at your word "putzed".  Not being snotty but do you know what "putz" means? (It means "pr*ck" and is a mild insult!). That's what made me laugh.

In my family we always said "futzed" around and no it wasn't shorthand for the "f" word!!