Valued Contributor

Telling My Supervisor I Am Retiring Tomorrow

@hoosieroriginal, I thought I would let you know I letting my supervisor know I am retiring tomorrow.  I dread it.  There is a long story as to why I am doing it this early which I am choosing to not share but just want to let you know.  So I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.  When previous clerical staff have left our office, all of a sudden management decides they want desk manuals on every task known to man that we do.  Even though there are 17 or so left that do the all the same tasks I do.  And while they want the desk manual written, they still want every task still done that I normally do.

Wish me well if you would be so kind to do so.

Honored Contributor

Re: Telling My Supervisor I Am Retiring Tomorrow

Well, as someone who retired 43 years ago at the age of 27 I can tell you it is wonderful!

I'm happy for you and I know you'll be happy.  What a wonderful time to enjoy your life!

Let us know what you're up to now and then but go forth and be happy and just check in now and then but not too often because hopefully you be busy lovin' and livin' your life!Heart

Valued Contributor

I send my support and well wishes for you tomorrow. Hope your announcement goes smoothly. :-)

Trusted Contributor

I want to retire from my "day job" in the worst way. I am envious of you @Dell1!

Good luck to you and enjoy it. And as for the desk manual - you're retiring. ;-)

Respected Contributor

Hope things go well for you tomorrow.  I retired on April 1st this year and it was the best thing I have done for myself in a long time.  Hope you are able to give your notice and leave without any turmoil.Be brave!  Good luck to you.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

I don't know you, OP, but I do wish you all the very best. Just take a deep breath and forge ahead.

Valued Contributor

Be courageouse and do not back down from your decision. Take control of your life.  I retired 15 years ago.  too many hard task master's.

Honored Contributor

Dell, I sense you're somewhat unsure of this?  But I hope it works out well for you.

Valued Contributor

@september wrote:

Dell, I sense you're somewhat unsure of this?  But I hope it works out well for you.

Oh no @september, I am not unsure.  I have done my online retirement application with CalPERS in May, done my homework with Social Security and Medi-Care.  Just don't want the last eight weeks at the office to be harder than the last 21½ years have been.  My office is a pressure cooker for sure and also very negative.  I need to go for my mental and physical health.

Respected Contributor

Good luck Dell!!  Sounds like you have things planned well and now you can concentrate on getting some rest and relaxation!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *