Honored Contributor

Re: Telling My Supervisor I Am Retiring Tomorrow

Do enjoy your retirement when it comes. It's a pretty great time.

Valued Contributor

Hello Dell1,

I do no understand how my name ended up on the second paragraph???

I was verbally attacked Tuesday.  Bold red , words after replying to someone else stating a wait period.  I meant no harm.  I also said the previous night DELL1 and other women including myself encouraged and gave support for your decision.  I was not sure I would come back but I was concerned for you.  I will stay away if this is not a condusive inviroment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SaRina

So so true! When I announced my retirement (effective date 12/20; written letter of resignation 10/9) a co-worker-friend accused me of being "trunked"! 

I guess I was -- NOTHING about the school's problems bothered me! I was not "invested" any more! It was a feeling of freedom to care only about my students and their well-being! 

I went home instead of to "required" meetings... they had wasted enough of my spirit and good intentions!

Sorry if I sound bitter because I'm not. Now almost two years later, a couple of friends who are still there tell me they are "down one teacher!" 

Still? Whose problem is this?  As a forum friend here says "not my monkeys/not my circus."

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

To continue,

my feeling is that workers are taken advantage of. There is only so much one individual can do.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@63Chev63 wrote:

Hello Dell1,

I was verbally attacked Tuesday.  Bold red , words after replying to someone else stating a wait period.  I meant no harm.  I also said the previous night DELL1 and other women including myself encouraged and gave support for your decision.  I was not sure I would come back but I was concerned for you.  I will stay away if this is not a condusive inviroment.

You were neither "attacked" nor "harrassed" as you claim in another thread.

You may not understand how forums work, but that's your issue, not other people's.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@63Chev63 wrote:

Hello Dell1,

I wouldn't worry about it.  Enjoy posting.

Honored Contributor

You know I just saw where some people liked my post.  That's nice, I appreciate it.

However, I realized I forgot to mention that I remember one of the best things I realized when I quit (someone said it wasn't retired) I guess they're right but I never went back so I see it as retired)....where was I....(I drift)....

OK, now I remember.  I do remember it took a few days for me to realize that one of the things I liked best about not working was not having to explain or tell anyone why I wouldn't be into work or why I was coming in late, etc.

I remember how I always hated the way where I worked it seemed like people always knew each other's business (not gossip or mean, just KNEW all business). 

Anyway, I know everything like this and other things will eventually make you realize.  I'm so happy when I hear someone is happy in their life.  Life is too short not to be enjoyed.