Respected Contributor

TOO MUCH DOONEY!!!

[ Edited ]

Today (10/27/18) we were exposed to hours and hours of presentation of the Dooney & Bourke TSV.  Sometimes it was on both QVC and QVC2 at the same time.  How in the world do hosts stand going over and over and over the same marketing spiel!  I know I, as a viewer, was disgusted.  Click!

Honored Contributor

@fortune.  No, it's too much TSV.  It doesn't matter whether it's a Dooney or a mop, they beat it to death.   

😴

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't understand.  Op thought the Dooney shows were overkill and "disgusting" but she ....watched all those digusting overkill shows?   I saw 15 or 20 minutes of a TSV presentation and then all day long, I didn't see a second of any Dooney show.  I wasn't interested in Dooney (as much as I did love the Tsv) so why the heck would I sit and watch hours and hours of various hosts selling handbags that I had no intensions of buying?  It mystifies me that there are women who seem to think they are required to watch a shopping channel and they mad when they don't like what that shopping channel is selling.  Also, how is that some people don't understand that QVC is retailer? It's not entertainment.  The "shows" are sales pitches and the "hosts" are sales associates.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  The OP never said that she sat there for hours watching the Dooney shows.  That is why she posted "CLICK" at the end. 

You do realize that folks turn on the TV at all times of the day and do see the same shows over and over.

Your post was meant to make what point?  It didn't apply to the OP.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@chrystaltree  The OP never said that she sat there for hours watching the Dooney shows.  That is why she posted "CLICK" at the end. 

You do realize that folks turn on the TV at all times of the day and do see the same shows over and over.

Your post was meant to make what point?  It didn't apply to the OP.

That's your interpretation.  My interpretation was that she watched because otherwise,  she wouldn't have noticed or cared about all the Dooney shows.  Most people can't be bothered or irked by something they don't see.  My point was that complaining about the merchandise that a big multinational corporations sells to it's customers for holiday gift giving should be expected, it's what retailers do.  I get it, half the fun of this board for many women is complaining about the things the choose to watch for hour and hours a day.  Watch..complain...watch complain.  

Trusted Contributor

@fortune wrote:

Today (10/27/18) we were exposed to hours and hours of presentation of the Dooney & Bourke TSV.  Sometimes it was on both QVC and QVC2 at the same time.  How in the world do hosts stand going over and over and over the same marketing spiel!  I know I, as a viewer, was disgusted.  Click!

I didn't see yesterday, but like you, I don't understand selling the same product on multiple channels.  My personal opinion is that Dooney is on way too often whether it's a TSV or not!

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@fortune ..... the hosts are making tons of money so they don’t care how many times they have to present the same product .... I know it wouldn’t bother me 🙃

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TOO MUCH DOONEY!!!

[ Edited ]

The way it appears to me, and maybe no one would agree, is that QVC has become telemarketing central for a limited number of brands. Philosophy, IT Cosmetics, Dooney & Bourke and a few others. And in between the telemarketing hours they sell some other stuff.

Honored Contributor

It's ALL TSV's, everyday. Haven't been watching much anymore--what can you say about the TSV after the first 1 or 2 hours? All the words have been spoken already. yikes!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

The way it appears to me, and maybe no one would agree, is that QVC has become telemarketing central for a limited number of brands. Philosophy, IT Costmetics, Dooney & Bourke and a few others. And in between the telemarking hours they sell some other stuff.

@shaggygirl, I agree.  The question crossed my mind yesterday, as I clicked on QVC and then clicked it off (several times I might add because there was Dooney again) do they own part of this company ?  I have also thought the same with Philosophy and IT Cosmetics.  Those three seem to be on ALL the time now.  I remember when there used to be a variety of brands of hand bags on now it's all Dooney all the time !   They do  have others on line but rearly have presentations of them. I for one am sick of all three of these lines !!