Honored Contributor

Coming up live on the Today show, President Bush's service dog Sully will meet Captain Sully Sullenberger.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

That was so sweet. Jenna's daughters got to see Sully again. Today show Twitter account has some videos.

Honored Contributor

Both a hero....I wish that Sully had remained at home with his family.  Yes, of course I am aware of all the altruistic duties that will be raised, but animals love their family as much as humans. I am a strong animal advocate. I will forever remember his demeanor beside his family member, President Bush.

Trusted Contributor

Sully was trained at an organization in my neighboring town.  We have a special affection for that special dog.  I also do volunteer work for another organization that trains dogs for people with disabilities other than blindness.  All of these groups do outstanding work.  

Respected Contributor

I loved (and laughed) when they asked Sully the human how he felt about having a dog named after him!  I almost named a dog after my late father, but the name just didn't suit the pup.  Dad would have understood what a great compliment that was!

Trusted Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

I loved (and laughed) when they asked Sully the human how he felt about having a dog named after him!  I almost named a dog after my late father, but the name just didn't suit the pup.  Dad would have understood what a great compliment that was!

Our organization regularly names our dogs in honor of living individuals or in memory of those who have passed.  

Respected Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Our organization regularly names our dogs in honor of living individuals or in memory of those who have passed.  

@Jaspersmom   That's a high honor!  

....  The guy in my emoji is Jasper.... so I'm also Jasper's mom!  It took a long time for me to figure out his name, but it hit me one evening when he did something that his predecessor, Jake, did.  I instantaneously knew that he was Jasper, named after Jake, and that I'd call him Jazz.  It didn't make a lot of sense at the time because he had some health issues as a puppy that caused him to be pretty lethargic.  Not Jazzy at all.  But, as the issues resolved, he grew into his name.  

Honored Contributor

Capture.PNG

Honored Contributor

Captain Sullenberger talked about how his family fostered service dogs when his daughters were young. Now one of them is studying to be a vet. He was wearing labrador socks too, he's such a nice man.

tdy_news_sully_and_sully_190221.jpgsully-the-dog-meets-sully-the-human-today-main-190221_78e146e6a45758a9d37c6c0b69a08677.jpg

Trusted Contributor
My Jasper was my beloved tabby who passed in 2014. Best cat I ever had. Still miss him terribly.