Esteemed Contributor

What did you notice first about DH/SO?

I saw a picture of him before I met him. He was in the service and it was him in uniform. It was his blue eyes. When we met noticed his shoulders and biceps.Yes,it was shallow.

Then I saw how he treated his parents, how he was with his little nieces and he was also animal lover.

Sold. Almost 50yrs.

Honored Contributor

Re: What did you notice first about DH/SO?

His biceps.

Esteemed Contributor

That adorable, cute face, he was just a baby back then. My, how the years have flown.

Honored Contributor

Intially his eyes and his smile

Then his hands.  He had nicely groomed nails. 

Honored Contributor

His smile

Respected Contributor

He was the best jiver/dancer at Humphrey Lyttletons Jazz Club all the gals lined up to jive with him - not me I could not dance then!  Soon learned lol.

Honored Contributor

I first met my DH when I was 12.

He came to our house with his father and brothers to BBQ some meat on our property at Christmas time. I wasn't interested and said hello and that was it.

I met him again at a baseball game when I was 14 or so.  He went to public school and had classes with my  friend who was with me.  I thought he had an ugly last name and was too skinny.  He was not my type at all.

Long story short, we are married almost 46 years.  His father told me that he vowed to marry me the first time he saw me when I was only 12.  I asked my DH if this was true and he said it was.  He even remembers what I was wearing on that day.

Honored Contributor

I didn't meet my future husband for long time, but I heard a lot about him.  He was dating a friend of mind.  And she was smitten.  Talked on and on about him.  I knew his full name, name of his parents, his brothers name, what he like, what he hated, etc Then she suddenly stopped talking about him.  They apparently broke up.  I went to a Frat party (this was at university) There he was.  Knew it was him before we were being introduced. I noticed everything about him.  We talked a bit.  He was working on a Masters and I was freshman.  Two day later, we ran in to each other on campus.  From then on....

Honored Contributor

I'd never met him. He was a young veterinarian who stayed overnight at the clinic to take care of our cat who had been in an accident and needed surgery. (Usually the vet techs stayed overnight, but the senior vet tech was good friends with my mom, and said he would prepare dinner if any of the vets would stay - DH, who hadn't been there long, volunteered.) I went up late at night to see her because I couldn't get there earlier. My mom told me "someone" would be there so I could go late. He was really cute and he was kind. And of course he was an animal lover! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I first met my DH when I was 12.

He came to our house with his father and brothers to BBQ some meat on our property at Christmas time. I wasn't interested and said hello and that was it.

I met him again at a baseball game when I was 14 or so.  He went to public school and had classes with my  friend who was with me.  I thought he had an ugly last name and was too skinny.  He was not my type at all.

Long story short, we are married almost 46 years.  His father told me that he vowed to marry me the first time he saw me when I was only 12.  I asked my DH if this was true and he said it was.  He even remembers what I was wearing on that day.

I love your story !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan