Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@mollymaggie  ..... I have been trying to get this point across in several threads. I agree with you. Regretfully the ones that do not agree will probably start responding in their normal sarcastic way. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND that you can bypass the threads that reference the virus but YOU STILL HAVE TO READ THE TITLES which defeats the purpose of trying to get a little break.

I would think anyone stressed out, etc. over the virus would want a break from it also but I guess not. 

@Sheila P-Burg 

If just the thread titles upset me I'd stop coming to this board.

Plenty of ways to "take a break" away from this board.  I do it all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@mollymaggie  ..... I have been trying to get this point across in several threads. I agree with you. Regretfully the ones that do not agree will probably start responding in their normal sarcastic way. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND that you can bypass the threads that reference the virus but YOU STILL HAVE TO READ THE TITLES which defeats the purpose of trying to get a little break.

I would think anyone stressed out, etc. over the virus would want a break from it also but I guess not. 

@Sheila P-Burg, no sarcasm here. I do think that if even reading the titles is bothersome, then that is a "you" problem. In CC, we have always had many titles that are not necessarily happy or cheerful.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

And since when is everything on Community Chat supposed to be light and fluffy?

If posters want that then they can post light and fluffy threads to their hearts' content.

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

This is just a suggestion  Do you think we could not give virus updares ?  I think we come to this site for relaxation 

@mollymaggie   It can be frustrating.

I agree that some threads are just fluff-posted for the sake of posting.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how announcing that Prince Albert II has tested positive makes for an interesting conversation.

We know schools are closed at this point; and we know the "shelter in place' is going to be nationwide. 

While it is important to stay up-to-date about what is happening, I also would like to see more positive threads regarding vaccines and possible treatments.

It isn't false hope to read about the positive things that are happening; I leave that to the professionals; I'm not one.

You can start a thread for a topic you like but don't be surprised if it sinks like a rock.  I would suggest trying over on Among Friends where there seems to be fewer virus threads.

You can join in on long-standing threads - posters are very welcoming.

Take care and try to find something you like here; don't be pushed away by those who would denigrate your feelings.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  ..... Thank you for your suggestion. The titles do not "upset" me. As I said in a previous post when the virus broke out when my husband got sick and was in and out of the hospital for a 1 year and 4 months fighting to live and with his eventual death I have already been to he$$ and back. Very little disturbs me enough to put me in "panic" mode. Dealing with his illness and death showed me how strong a person I am. That and my faith.

I am a strong person but I know others that need to step away from the news, etc. for a while. Those are the people I am talking about and trying to protect. 

You see things one way. I see things the other way. I am happy you have ways to take a break from the board. To some this is all they have.

Later on tonight I will get a cup of tea, grab my kindle and start reading one of my beloved highlander books. I wish everyone that was alone could close out the world like I will but regretfully they won't be able to.

Take care and enjoy your time away from the board.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3  ...... I have posted on several threads and you have been on those same threads. Anyone with commonsense that read my posts know I am not talking about me in particular. The occasional CC posts you reference are not a good comparison of what we are talking about. I repeat myself. You see things one way. I see things another way. We both have that right.

Honored Contributor

Although it's been said there will be no new forum categories, it seems like they could create a, hopefully temporary, category specifically for this situation. That way, those who want to discuss it and read about it and don't seem to find sufficient other resources to do so... can pursue the subject to their heart's content. Meanwhile, the rest of us would know which specific forum to skip if we prefer to avoid the topic while we're visiting QVC's boards. At this point, while most threads on the topic seem to fall under 'community chat' there's a fair amount of scatter and other forum topics also contain related discussion. In fairness, threads aren't as easy to 'skip' or 'ignore' as some seem to want to indicate... Moreover, 'creating one's own topics of interest', as has been suggested, is and has always been ongoing... Regardless, isolating virus related threads in their own forum seems like a fine idea without a down side...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Seeking an opportunity for respite from the subject does not in any way indicate anyone is sticking their head in the sand, which is a specious and tiresome suggestion... As, frankly, is comapring the endless discussion of this rather devastating event to the oft discussed but far, far less important Harry and Meghan... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3  ...... Thank you for your nice response to the OP. Your post was well written and was done politely. 

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  ......  Warning ......if you keep posting this way the posters coming after me about my responses might just head your way! If they do at least I would get a reprieve from their constant sarcasm. Thank you!