Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I'm just tired of the subtle (not very subtle. we/you aren't fooling anyone) political digs back and forth thrown into discussions about the COVID-19. Virus info is helpful. The extra crud is not fun to read.

@Porcelain 

I agree with you, just adding, the hit and runs, and name calling are just ... geeze

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

You can turn off the news.....turn off the internet....close your curtains....be safe!9FE167EB-C972-44CA-AB36-EF1515C906C3.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@mollymaggie  ..... I have been trying to get this point across in several threads. I agree with you. Regretfully the ones that do not agree will probably start responding in their normal sarcastic way. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND that you can bypass the threads that reference the virus but YOU STILL HAVE TO READ THE TITLES which defeats the purpose of trying to get a little break.

I would think anyone stressed out, etc. over the virus would want a break from it also but I guess not. 

Honored Contributor
@GenXmuse there are a whole lot more threads about the virus than there ever were about H&M. Thanks ever so much for reminding me though. 😄 I read something about them this week I meant to.post about.
Honored Contributor

I don’t read threads that don’t interest me. I don’t see why anyone would. If you don’t even want to see the thread title, don’t come to the forums. 

And turn off the TV or don’t watch the news. People act like the are forced to watch the news and forced to read the forum threads. We are all adults here and don’t have to be babied.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

By asking that threads be moved a a special place is not sticking your head in the sand, many come here to relax and not be bombarded with messages weather they are truth or fiction

@SeaMaiden wrote:

You can turn off the news.....turn off the internet....close your curtains....be safe!9FE167EB-C972-44CA-AB36-EF1515C906C3.jpeg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Just don't open them. I am not interested in a lot of threads but others are. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

By asking that threads be moved a a special place is not sticking your head in the sand, many come here to relax and not be bombarded with messages weather they are truth or fiction

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Community Chat is relaxing? Must be before my time.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@mollymaggie  ..... I have been trying to get this point across in several threads. I agree with you. Regretfully the ones that do not agree will probably start responding in their normal sarcastic way. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND that you can bypass the threads that reference the virus but YOU STILL HAVE TO READ THE TITLES which defeats the purpose of trying to get a little break.

I would think anyone stressed out, etc. over the virus would want a break from it also but I guess not. 

You don't have to read anything. If you want to avoid virus info, you can avoid most such headlines if you just avoid this section and the Wellness section. Not all., though There have been some really interesting takes on it in even the Beauty section. It's what's on everyone's minds right now and it affects so many areas of our lives.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

It is not mandatory to read these posts, stop trying to control the board. We have moderators. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan