Honored Contributor

If I am not mistaken the reporters from the Weather Channel are meteorogists too.

I don't think that they mind being out there-weather is their life.

Our local reporters are not out in the worst of it; they only report from certain areas that are not in as dangerous situations.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom  I love Dale Hansen!!!!! Delkus can kick up enough of his own hot air -- he doesn't need Dale for that. LOL

Honored Contributor

I think they are WAY more cautious than you would think.  Three of the were killed in Oklahoma just a few years ago when a tornado took a totally unexpected jog in a direction they just don't go.  A real freak accident.  

Mike Bettis (I think it was him) was terrified and very emotional about what happened.  I don't think that is forgotten by now.

You can't see what is going on without them.  Lots of jobs require personal risk and lots of people do them.  

Trusted Contributor

Good Grief!  I just turned on CNN. Water is waist high in Houston and it's still raining. Anyone on the boards experiencing that?  I assume a lot are without power?

Please stay safe. 

Respected Contributor

I agree,, they are doing their job. I don't think just "anyone" could do it...much like the first responders right now.