Honored Contributor
One of the proposals was to increase Social security checks $200 until 2021. I have not read if it is still in the bill.
Respected Contributor

yes,I agree why would u or should recieve a co, when u already get one.this should be for working ppl who were employed,but lost job jobs to virus

Valued Contributor

The misinformation on this thread (and a few others) is making me feel like...

hair.jpg

We Just don't know the answer yet.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Why would retired people get a check?  How have we been affected by loss of anything.

Believe it or not, @Mmsfoxxie, we have bills to pay and have jobs too.  We do not live off the land....  Get real for goodness sake.

@KatieB, I don't understand the sharpness of your words.  I'm retired, too, so I know darn well about bills.  As a retired teacher assistant, my pension is VERY small so I know about having just enough.  Take your attitude some place else, lady!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

From all the news sources this morning I heard $1200 for single person making under $70,000, $2400 for married couples making under $150,000 and $500 for each child/dependent.  You would of had to have filed taxes in 2018, 2019 to receive a check. 

Honored Contributor

If your income is very low, you do not have to pay taxes, except property taxes.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Why would retired people get a check?  How have we been affected by loss of anything.

Believe it or not, @Mmsfoxxie, we have bills to pay and have jobs too.  We do not live off the land....  Get real for goodness sake.

@KatieB, I don't understand the sharpness of your words.  I'm retired, too, so I know darn well about bills.  As a retired teacher assistant, my pension is VERY small so I know about having just enough.  Take your attitude some place else, lady!

@Mmsfoxxie   My words were not and are not 'sharp'.  I was stating what myself and others were thinking, when you said 'why would retired people get a check'.  I don't understand why you would think that we (retired folks) would not get a check.

Respected Contributor

Re: Stimulus check question

[ Edited ]

@masque wrote:

The misinformation on this thread (and a few others) is making me feel like...

hair.jpg

We Just don't know the answer yet.

@masque 

Since you think there is 'misinformation' here, why don't you give us the correct information, please. 

Valued Contributor

For all of you that don't know, If you make under a certain amount of money you don't have to file tax returns.  The place that does my tax return told me when I retired to keep filing tax returns to protect my social security number which I have done.  I don't remember the amount but unless I decide to get a job I would technically never have to file again.  I have already noticed that grocery prices have increased.  I guess supply and demand.  I paid taxes my whole life and as long as you don't exceed the income amount, I think you should receive a check.  If you make more money than what is allowed, be grateful!  I do feel very bad for people that have lost money in the stock market but hopefully that will correct itself.  Thank you everyone for all of your input!