Respected Contributor

Makes me wonder why they bothered putting all the arrows of entering and exiting  in the aisles as the people don't follow them.  Not at my WM anyway.

Respected Contributor

The people in my Walmart aren't following them either. However, my other grocery stores that are using those markings, everyone is following them with no problem. Not sure why it's so difficult in Walmart. Lol!

Esteemed Contributor

You know I actually found myself not compliant, totally not on purpose, I am just so concerned about being there I am laser focused on getting what I need and getting out.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

You know I actually found myself not compliant, totally not on purpose, I am just so concerned about being there I am laser focused on getting what I need and getting out.

@LindaSal , oh I get that. It took me a few times out to pay attention to the road signs. 

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal  Agree.  I don't have a Walmart near me but in the supermarket and Trader Joe's my goal is to be in and out in 10 minutes or less and I've been able to do that.  Know what I want, get it and get out.  

Honored Contributor

@KKJ Walmart "bothered" because social distancing is also socially responsible.   And probably gives them some legal protection.

When shoppers ignore the guides and add to potential danger, short of a company hiring a guard for each shopper they allow access to their store -  what would you have them do?

So far-  the best social responsibility I'm taking is to keep me away from places where the clientele is still acting like lots of teen-agers do.  Many feel immortal and only when tragedy strikes close to home do they realize it just isn't so.   Much as I'd like "normal" to be what it was, I'm resigned to that not being true for me for a very long time.

Respected Contributor

What color are the arrows? In my local BJ's, the arrows are day glo yellow, so it's hard to miss them. However, the ones in our neighborhood Giant are brown and I didn't even notice them until I missed them a few times. Also at this Giant, all of the arrows from the entrance (for the 3 aisles shared by the produce, bakery and deli) point towards the back of the store. If you forgot something, you have to go against the flow. Then there are people like DH who are totally oblivious to anything not at eye level. 🙄

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ  Sounds like the manager isn't doing a very good job.  I don't shop at Walmart, but the couple of times I was in one (before virus) it was so chaotic and just messy. I buy my laundry detergent (Nellies) from HSN and the rest of cleaning supplies, and liquid hand soap, we purchase at Costco or the grocery store.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

I did that at Aldi. I don't shop there often and didn't even notice the 'small arrows' placed far - apart at first. I was trying to get what I needed and get out. I did follow the arrows after I noticed them and will be more aware next time I shop.  I wasn't the only one who made this mistake. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Even without a pandemic situation I try to shop Wal-Mart mid week /early afternoon due to l-o-n-g  checkout lines. Never weekends.

I know there was one parent behind me standing on the arrow 6 ' back me and I heard her son ask "why are you standing so far back ? " and she explained.