Honored Contributor

@kitty60 wrote:

I agree.  I have spoken to friends of mine and they are complaining they don't need it.  Neither do I but I will be happy to share it with someone who does.  I hear my sone telling me stories of coworkers who are really suffering.  I may pass it to them or a few of them.

If your friends don't need it, there are numerous charities that do need it. It is not hard to donate to them.

Respected Contributor

Anyone know for sure if people on Social Security are going to get the needed stimulus ? Seniors and low income working class need it most.   I am hearing a lot of misinformation.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@KatieB  I could be wrong but what I heard is that those who do not file taxes but get SS  theirs will come through SS Direct Deposit because they have the information.

Let¨s see what happends within the next few weeks.

@Sage04    Suze Orman just said on CNN, last hour, that the money will go into the account the taxpayer used for their 2018 or 2019 income tax filings (not the account used for your individual social security deposit)....   

That's the reason they keep saying that if you didn't file an income tax return for 2018, you need to file one for 2019.  Otherwise they will mail a check to last know address....

Respected Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@KatieB  I could be wrong but what I heard is that those who do not file taxes but get SS  theirs will come through SS Direct Deposit because they have the information.

@Sage04    Suze Orman just said on CNN, last hour, that the money will go into the account the taxpayer used for their 2018 or 2019 income tax filings (not the account used for your individual social security deposit)....   

That's the reason they keep saying that if you didn't file an income tax return for 2018, you need to file one for 2019.  Otherwise they will mail a check to last know address....

Total chaos out there right now hearing multiple reports from different sources. The President is so busy he did not outline WHO gets the checks. I will be disappointed if people on SS/SSI are excluded.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

Total chaos out there right now hearing multiple reports from different sources. The President is so busy he did not outline WHO gets the checks. I will be disappointed if people on SS/SSI are excluded.

The best "source" is congress dot gov

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Sage04 You are correct.  I heard this morning on the news that it's any account you have on file with the gov't (for SS, IRS).  I stand corrected.

I have not filed taxes in the last 2 years because I am under the $12,000 limit to have to file.

I have gone to the non-filers information page  and entered all the requiored information other than a self selected signature pin from the previous year. Here4 is what it says to do: 

Enter last year’s self-selected signature PIN. If you do not have or do not remember your PIN, skip this step and follow the instructions in step A
above.

I did step A as requsted but left this section empty. Section B.

When I click enter, I get an error message:

Required information is missing in your return.

Please verify that your name, social security number, filing status, and complete address are entered in your main form, and all sections in Step 2 have the required information.

Click on the E-File Instructions button at the bottom of previous page for more information.

I have clicked on the instructions and have gone over the whole for several times and see no errors other than this firld zi lrft rmpty. 

Anyone know what I can do?

Donnie M. (SharkMarble)
Respected Contributor

@SharkMarble I helped my FIL with his non-filers return this morning.  He did not have a PIN from last year, but we entered a new PIN for this return.  We were able to file with no errors.