Trusted Contributor
So I have a stepmother who keeps encouraging me to remove a light colored mole on my face. I have had the doctor tell me it doesn't and shouldn't be removed unless I want a scare. Anyway, it's not a large or dark mole...probably the size of a BB pellet. Now she has taken it upon herself to point it out on my face and mention to others..."don't you think she should get that removed? It looks like s wart on her face" last night I was watching my dad as he is ill and she wanted to go off with her children and grandchildren and as soon as they walked in she asked her daughter that and in front of me. Then Kate Winslet was on tv and she pointed out that Kate Winslet had two warts on her face (moles). I was like are you kidding me! She is a mega superstar and her mole on her cheek looks almost identical to mine. I quipped back that apparently it doesn't bother anyone in Hollywood. It's really very rude of her and I am about sick of it. Just venting as I have to do dinner with them tonight.....ugh
Respected Contributor

Ignore it for your own mental health and for the sake of your father.  Could it be that she is jealous of you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Stepmother: hurtful

[ Edited ]

Focus on what is really important (your Dad) and ignore the witch. Nod your head and say thank you for your concern.

ETA: I have one of those too!

Wore full makeup over to visit Dad at house and all stepmommy dearwitch said to me is:that glitter on your face?

Gawd forbid she ever pick up some makeup and improve her own face!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor
@MsX

Unfortunately I am ignoring it because my dad is very sick and don't want him upset if there is any turmoil. I am recently laid off almost 6 weeks and because I am not working yet I have been helping more so I haven't until recently experienced how mean spirited she truly can be. I just keep telling myself it must be because she is in some stage due to my fathers illness so I keep trying to ignore it.
Honored Contributor

Why not say something?

You can be polite about it, simply say something like, "You've let me know what you think about it numerous times.  I'd appreciate it if you dropped the subject now, we don't agree and it's my decision."

She's a bully and imo will keep it up if nothing is said.

GOOD LUCK, whatever you decide Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax, it's easier to ignore than said but you can do it..  Tell her it's your beauty mark or "I don't know what you're talking about."  

Back in 93 we bought our home, my MIL told my husband, "Now don't you let her spend too much money on furniture."  I said give me the phone...   I told her, "It isn't any of your darn (used another word) business how much money I spend on furniture, it's MY money and you aren't paying for it."  I thought my husband was going to fall off the couch but never said another word, just grinned.  Sorry, it was a flashback, LOL.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
@MsX

Unfortunately I am ignoring it because my dad is very sick and don't want him upset if there is any turmoil. I am recently laid off almost 6 weeks and because I am not working yet I have been helping more so I haven't until recently experienced how mean spirited she truly can be. I just keep telling myself it must be because she is in some stage due to my fathers illness so I keep trying to ignore it.

Just put up with it.  I wouldn't say anything when she brings it up unless you have to nod or such to keep the peace.  This certainly has more to do with HER than with YOU.  It is her problem.  Keep in mind that if she stops harping on this she will likely just start up about something else.  Best of luck on the job front!  You are doing the right thing for yourself and your father.

Frequent Contributor

OMG, that's about as rude as it gets. Have you told her how much her comments bother you? I certainly would. Next time she brings it up remind her that her comments are a form of bullying and her issue with your mole is her problem, not yours. Just tell her to stop!

Respected Contributor

You need to tell her to stop talking about it - plain and simple.

I'm sorry about your dad.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
@MsX

@NativeJax

Just read this post from you.  You can say something to let her know how you feel without being angry or argumentative.  Simply ask her to stop and then walk away from it.