Occasional Contributor

Start asking for refunds people on all transferred food orders from UPS to USPS due to late delivery

I am so tired of the amount of time it is taking to get any food order delivered anymore.  I am still waiting on an order transferred from UPS to USPS.  I have had at least two emails stating the order was transferred to USPS since Sunday, and two emails from QVC stating my order arrives soon.  I am angry and tired of all this baloney.

I am going to start asking for tefunds on all these types of orders and maybe QVC will finally address the issue.  I know from looking through here, that I am not the only one with this issue!  If we all start doing this, something may finally get done.  And if that doesn't work, I will file complaints with the BBB.  These complaints, I know from previous experience get escalated through QVC and they will address the issue then.  And if nothing else, I will get a refund then.

There is absolutely no excuse for any of these food orders to be so delayed period.  They never used to be and they still should not be.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Start asking for refunds people on all transferred food orders from UPS to USPS due to late deli

@Blitzens wrote:

I am so tired of the amount of time it is taking to get any food order delivered anymore.  I am still waiting on an order transferred from UPS to USPS.  I have had at least two emails stating the order was transferred to USPS since Sunday, and two emails from QVC stating my order arrives soon.  I am angry and tired of all this baloney.

I am going to start asking for tefunds on all these types of orders and maybe QVC will finally address the issue.  I know from looking through here, that I am not the only one with this issue!  If we all start doing this, something may finally get done.  And if that doesn't work, I will file complaints with the BBB.  These complaints, I know from previous experience get escalated through QVC and they will address the issue then.  And if nothing else, I will get a refund then.

There is absolutely no excuse for any of these food orders to be so delayed period.  They never used to be and they still should not be.

You had the same issue a few months ago. Why do you continue to purchase from QVC?

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Respected Contributor

Re: Start asking for refunds people on all transferred food orders from UPS to USPS due to late deli

@Blitzens   Why on earth subject yourself to being "angry and tired" waiting for your order (s) to arrive via USPS.

Shop elsewhere.  Problem solved.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Shop locally.  Personally I don't understand ordering any food items from TV.  No sympathy here!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't relate, so no automatic sympathy.

I order many food items from QVC frequently and have never had an issue.  They all come directly from the vendor.

Which item specifically, I wonder?  If there's legitimate outrage, tell us which food product.  Cheesecake and salmon or pretzels and mustard?  Chips in a bag?  Popcorn?  Something shelf stable ?  Makes a difference. 

Color me curious.  I suspect we will never, ever know.

Respected Contributor

I order a lot of food items from QVC. I have never once had a food purchase transferred from UPS to USPS. I have never once had an unusual delay, even in inclement weather.

Perhaps @Blitzens, if you mention the item you purchased people could determine for themselves if it is an item that is delivery time sensitive. I mean, QVC sure sells a lot of food and beverage items that are shelf stable and have months and months of long expiration dates.

And to me when someone suggest contacting the BBB, an entity with no bite, over a online order shipped from a vendor with QVC as a middleman I literally shake my head.

Trusted Contributor

I completely agree that it is not appropriate to have this transfer on a food order.  When I order from QVC, which is rare, I never depend on anything arriving in a timely way.  And to be fair, I find other companies also doing this transfer.  But not appropriate for a food order.  

Trusted Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I order a lot of food items from QVC. I have never once had a food purchase transferred from UPS to USPS. I have never once had an unusual delay, even in inclement weather.

Perhaps @Blitzens, if you mention the item you purchased people could determine for themselves if it is an item that is delivery time sensitive. I mean, QVC sure sells a lot of food and beverage items that are shelf stable and have months and months of long expiration dates.

And to me when someone suggest contacting the BBB, an entity with no bite, over a online order shipped from a vendor with QVC as a middleman I literally shake my head.

I don't know about contacting the BBB re: QVC, I recently had to do that with an order from another company and I have to disagree about having no bite.  It mattered to the company I was dealing with.  

Honored Contributor

@Blitzens wrote:

Then I hope QVC cuts you off.

Just looking for freebies it sounds like.

Your asking for unfair refunds only stems to hurt all other consumers.

Feel free to file w/ BBB, they have NO power whatsoever!

I also have never had food transferred to USPS...but I suppose if it were non-perishable...it could happen.

As stated, most food ships from the vendor.  Once they ship it...it is up to the carrier to deliver.

SMH

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree that food should arrive in a timely manner, especially considering most is perishable...not to mention how expensive it is.  However, I would try to work it out with QVC rather than contacting another party.  If the CS rep isn't able to offer any help, then ask to speak with a manager.