Honored Contributor

Re: Start asking for refunds people on all transferred food orders from UPS to USPS due to late deli

My thoughts.

If it says perishable on the box, no more than 2 day delivery....better yet, overnight.  

For food safety, there should be no transferring from UPS to USPS.

There are no excuses acceptable to me as to why food deliveries take longer than 2 days.  There is two day delivery.  Unfortunately, shipping companies don't promise on time delivery anymore, but will accept payment for 2 day shipping.   

I had a My Grandma's cake take 6 DAYS during the summer!!!!  I called QVC for a refund.  No way would I eat that. 

I called My Grandma's suggesting they send their cakes overnight or 2 day.  I was told shipping method was determined by QVC. 

Therefore, if food takes too long, customer is not comfortable eating it, then the customer should be given a full refund.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Start asking for refunds people on all transferred food orders from UPS to USPS due to late deli

@Foxxee    Well said.  I completely agree.

Respected Contributor

Hopefully, the OP will let us know what the item was.

It was probably Squirrel Brand nuts or something similar but the OP was very, very hungry.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

I can't relate, so no automatic sympathy.

I order many food items from QVC frequently and have never had an issue.  They all come directly from the vendor.

Which item specifically, I wonder?  If there's legitimate outrage, tell us which food product.  Cheesecake and salmon or pretzels and mustard?  Chips in a bag?  Popcorn?  Something shelf stable ?  Makes a difference. 

Color me curious.  I suspect we will never, ever know.

I ordered bagels that were supposed to be delivered from UPS on Tuesday of last week.  UPS sent them over to USPS which finally delivered them on Friday.  The bagel guy always tells us to freeze on delivery what you won't be using right away.  When I order from Just Bagels website they bake the on Monday and get delivered on Wednesday.  Good thing it wasn't summer or I might have gotten moldy bagels.

Respected Contributor

I have never had a food item transferred from UPS to USPS if it is a perishable item. I only order a couple of food items a year from QVC and I have never received a spoiled shipment.  Unless the OP's food item was spoiled asking for a refund because the item took too long is not reasonable. QVC needs to take a look at the OP's food order history  and maybe not allow this person to order again if the OP continues to claim that they received spoiled items.  

My advice to the OP is do yourself a favor and stop ordering food from QVC.

Trusted Contributor

All the food products I have ordered come UPS Second Day.   Curious to know which food items this poster is referring too. 

There is an easy fix.   I subscribe to "UPS My Choice" premium for 19.99 a year.   With that you can default any package to bypass the hand-off to USPS.   You can also have it rerouted to a UPS Store location if you don't want it sitting on your doorstep.

Respected Contributor

I have never had food deliveries from QVC transferred to the post office then delivered to me, they always come straight from UPS.  I just had the 2/25 TSV Salmon delivered by UPS today. It was out for delivery @ 9 am CT and delivered at 1:55 pm. My order came quickly (3 days) Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

More and more companies are using the UPS as the origin carrier then transferring to USPS for the "final mile" delivery.

Even with UPS My Choice is no guarantee that the vendor's shipping code will allow UPS to deliver.

I've experienced transfers from UPS to USPS from Amazon, HSN, QVC and several other entities and for the most part deliveries are delayed.

I've seen TV ads promoting new USPS partnerships that are supposed to streamline deliveries but I've yet to see it happen in practice.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

More and more companies are using the UPS as the origin carrier then transferring to USPS for the "final mile" delivery.

Even with UPS My Choice is no guarantee that the vendor's shipping code will allow UPS to deliver.

I've experienced transfers from UPS to USPS from Amazon, HSN, QVC and several other entities and for the most part deliveries are delayed.

I've seen TV ads promoting new USPS partnerships that are supposed to streamline deliveries but I've yet to see it happen in practice.

@Marp     Have you had this happen with perishable food items? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey,  only once.  The item was received thawed and as soon as I contacted CS was given the option of a replacement or refund.

Since I'm a quick learner I opted for the refund.

This was not a QVC or HSN food order.

ETA:  I did make it clear that the problem was with USPS according to the tracking information from UPS.  If the package had stayed with UPS it would have been received in a timely manner.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.