Trusted Contributor

I saw him in 1978 in Columbus OH.  I still have the tee shirt - it's a size small.  I don't think I've seen that size since the 80s ... LOL  But he was tremendous. 

Esteemed Contributor

The entire concert was a bummer for my daughter and her friend when he sang last night in DC due to our pathetic lousy subway system.  They had to leave before the concert even ended because again they keep the subway running properly.  Our subway in DC stinks and will never be improved.  It's been forever since they've done anything to solve their problems.  This would never happen in NYC> 

Honored Contributor

I just read on fb (trending) that the town officials in Foxborough, Ma has estended the concert curfew for Bruce Springsteen there next month. Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

We were at the concert too! 

What a performance. This is the 3rd time I've seen him and it keeps getting better and better.

It was a beautiful night all around, weather, good company and fantastic music.

Valued Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

So my DD had surprised me with Springsteen Tickets. I had not been to a Bruce concert since before she was born. We went last night to Bruce final of his 3 days here.

It was amazing and the best part was experiencing it through my DD. Beautiful night at Met Life Stadium in East Rutherford NJ.  I was having so many flashbacks to prior concerts and tailgate's at the Meadowlands. And added new fond memories of tailgating with two youngsters (her fiance came as well)  Including watching Bruce perform Jersey Girl along with a fireworks above the stadium.

Bruce never fails his fans and did 4 and half hrs G-d bless that man and the band. He along with the remaining E Street Band performed a very poignant and moving tribute to the Big Man Clarence Clemmons and sweet soul Danny Federici. Both original members of the E Street band that passed away in 2011 and 2008 respectively. 

But prior to the tribute was what brought me to tears. Hearing Springsteen perform Jungleland accompanied by Jake Clemmons on Sax.  Jake is Clarance's nephew and joined the band in 2012.  That just did me in. It was beautiful and so amazingly touching.

This band conjures up so many memories of growing up in NJ and all that goes with it. Not just the jersey shore, or any of the silly reality shows that have plagued my beloved state. But the heart and soul and what it means to be from here and from the working class. Bruce helped us get through 9/11 and Sandy and G-d willing he will continue on. 

I am just so thankful my DD finally gets what her crazy Mom has been reminiscing about for all these years. Its one thing to hear him on  the radio its another to bear witness to his concerts.

Bruce is and always will be my favorite. His shows are nothing short of amazing. I was in the fifth row at one of his shows and the energy coming from the stage is something I will never forget.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom

Nice surprise from your daughter for sure. Glad it took you back, and also allowed you to experience it through your daughter, that must have been quite a feeling running through your body. Sounds like you had a great nice and Bruce put on such a good performance for both you and your daughter.

For some reason, even though is not much "real music" that I do not like, Bruce just never was high on my list. There are a few songs of his I do like, but just not really into his music. I guess, unless I have him confused with someone else, I am not one that likes injecting some type of political statement in music.

Happy you had a great night,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

So my DD had surprised me with Springsteen Tickets. I had not been to a Bruce concert since before she was born. We went last night to Bruce final of his 3 days here.

It was amazing and the best part was experiencing it through my DD. Beautiful night at Met Life Stadium in East Rutherford NJ.  I was having so many flashbacks to prior concerts and tailgate's at the Meadowlands. And added new fond memories of tailgating with two youngsters (her fiance came as well)  Including watching Bruce perform Jersey Girl along with a fireworks above the stadium.

Bruce never fails his fans and did 4 and half hrs G-d bless that man and the band. He along with the remaining E Street Band performed a very poignant and moving tribute to the Big Man Clarence Clemmons and sweet soul Danny Federici. Both original members of the E Street band that passed away in 2011 and 2008 respectively. 

But prior to the tribute was what brought me to tears. Hearing Springsteen perform Jungleland accompanied by Jake Clemmons on Sax.  Jake is Clarance's nephew and joined the band in 2012.  That just did me in. It was beautiful and so amazingly touching.

This band conjures up so many memories of growing up in NJ and all that goes with it. Not just the jersey shore, or any of the silly reality shows that have plagued my beloved state. But the heart and soul and what it means to be from here and from the working class. Bruce helped us get through 9/11 and Sandy and G-d willing he will continue on. 

I am just so thankful my DD finally gets what her crazy Mom has been reminiscing about for all these years. Its one thing to hear him on  the radio its another to bear witness to his concerts.

Hi caravaggio, Smiley Happy

What a night!!  I'm so glad you enjoyed it....especially with your daughter. Smiley Happy

Hope you enjoyed the holiday weekend. The weather was gawjis!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Contributor

I've seen the band 5 times I think.  Bruce is the best live show ever.  He gives it all in his concerts.  I sat and bawled when Clarence passed away.  I felt like I was losing a friend.  You don't get it until you see the E Street Band.  I'm sure we've all seen a boatload of concerts, but Bruce and E Street still are #1 in my book.  I'm glad you had a great time.  I went once with my daughter too.  We had the best time.

Honored Contributor

I saw Springsteen when Born to Run first came out.  Great concert.

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 Smiley SadWhat a shame so sorry to hear that. A friend of mine went to the DC and he uploaded  Bruce doing badlands to my DD chagrin since she would not let me record it on my phoneWoman Wink.. 

Not sure where your DD was sitting but he was sitting close to the pit so I guess the sound was different.