Respected Contributor

Yep traffic was a nightmare but we survived.

As for the time it certainly seemed longer then that but I am counting in the standing ovations etc. Regardless it was as awesome as the first time I saw him play when I was sixteen.

Well worth the ride up from my vacation down the shore!!! paying for it today..Woman LOL

Glad you enjoyed it as wellHeart

Respected Contributor

@Eva-QVC wrote:

Hello @AngusandBuddhasMom - I heard about that concert and how long he played. The last time I saw him it was about 3.5 hours and I know I was exhausted just from bopping around to the music so I don't know how he does it! We are going to Pittsburgh next week to visit family and see him again. I'm so excited! You definitely get your ticket money's worth at his shows. Glad you shared such a great entertainer with your DD. 

@PunkinEater - We are staying at a nearby hotel. Anything I need to know about the Pittsburgh venue?

Your welcome so glad you will be going to see him again. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Respected Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom - so glad you had good time.  We worked Bruce's concert back in her 70's at Wembley Stadium in London.  DH was in music business so we worked with lots of famous people - however Bruce appeared and we really did not know much about him - I asked him any special requests - reply "an avocado".  We did not have a clue what that was so I called the one and only Harrods - got some sent over - Bruce was the nicest person you could ever work with.  His show was - to this day - the best I have ever been at - he was superb.

Seen him in concert several times - he is the man!  Love him and his - then E Street Band.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom - Oh, to see a Springsteen concert again - be still my heart!!! He always put on the best concerts and played way longer than any other performer I've seen. He is truly a Jersey Boy & a class act!!

Respected Contributor

caravaggio-

How fun...Love Bruce and his G Band...A phenomenal, extraordinary performer.  He is a "Class Act"...Hands down.

1975...Flashback..."Born to Run"...Everytime I hear it or any of his music...It takes me back to a specific day, time or event in my life.  Makes me smile everytime!  

Respected Contributor

@dulwich Thank you for sharing that story! How amazing you got to meet him.  He seems to be a regular guy. Glad to hear that is true. 

Valued Contributor

Talk about coincidences--we were at his Thurs. show at Met stsadium.  The weather was awful-terrible heat and humidity.  Fortunately I had the forsight to wear a simple cotton skirt and tank.  My friend on the other hand wore jeans and a heavier top and was MELTING it was so bad.

Bruce is amazing--he's older than either of us and gives an incredible show.  I was exhausted from the heat, sound and crowd, but Mr. Channing loves Bruce so much and specifically asked me to go--generally I don't but this was part of a week long anniverary celebration and I wasn't about to say no.  And I'm glad I went even if I did sweat like a pig.

Esteemed Contributor

i have a ticket to see him tomorrow night at the Washington Nationals Stadium, but can't go because of a very severe sinus infection.  I look like a monster the whole left side of my face is the size of Texas.  So instead of listening to a good singing start that I always wanted to see, I'll be at the doctor in the afternoon tomorrow.  Very disappointed.  

Valued Contributor

oohhh, I hope you feel better soon and get to see him sometime.  He truly gives a performance of a lifetime!

Esteemed Contributor

@Margo Channing wrote:

oohhh, I hope you feel better soon and get to see him sometime.  He truly gives a performance of a lifetime!

@Margo Channing Thank you Margo.  Hopefully, there will be another time.