Respected Contributor

So my DD had surprised me with Springsteen Tickets. I had not been to a Bruce concert since before she was born. We went last night to Bruce final of his 3 days here.

It was amazing and the best part was experiencing it through my DD. Beautiful night at Met Life Stadium in East Rutherford NJ.  I was having so many flashbacks to prior concerts and tailgate's at the Meadowlands. And added new fond memories of tailgating with two youngsters (her fiance came as well)  Including watching Bruce perform Jersey Girl along with a fireworks above the stadium.

Bruce never fails his fans and did 4 and half hrs G-d bless that man and the band. He along with the remaining E Street Band performed a very poignant and moving tribute to the Big Man Clarence Clemmons and sweet soul Danny Federici. Both original members of the E Street band that passed away in 2011 and 2008 respectively. 

But prior to the tribute was what brought me to tears. Hearing Springsteen perform Jungleland accompanied by Jake Clemmons on Sax.  Jake is Clarance's nephew and joined the band in 2012.  That just did me in. It was beautiful and so amazingly touching.

This band conjures up so many memories of growing up in NJ and all that goes with it. Not just the jersey shore, or any of the silly reality shows that have plagued my beloved state. But the heart and soul and what it means to be from here and from the working class. Bruce helped us get through 9/11 and Sandy and G-d willing he will continue on. 

I am just so thankful my DD finally gets what her crazy Mom has been reminiscing about for all these years. Its one thing to hear him on  the radio its another to bear witness to his concerts.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom So glad you went and you & DD had a great time!  His concerts are just unlike any other I've ever been to.  His music does bring us right back to growing up on the Shore.

Contributor

My DD surprised me with Springsteen tickets a couple of years ago to celebrate her 30th and my 60th birthday together!  We saw him at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh and it was truly the concert of a lifetime.  The best part was getting to see him with my baby girl.  We were both on our feet the entire concert, pumping our fists and singing along.  I'm so glad you got to have that experience!

Respected Contributor

That guy is a class act for sure.  I'm so glad you were able to attend and had such a great time!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies it was amazing! @PunkinEater that sounds like how it was last night for my DD and I.  My hoarse throat this morning can attest to it Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I've been listening to Springsteen since way back, when he was just beginning . . . early 70's? Hearing the poetry of his lyrics and the music of the band . . . it's magical . . . in my mind, I'm in my 20s all over again.  My niece and her husband (both in their 30's) go to every Springsteen concert they possibly can when he's playing on the east coast . . . in less than a year, they've been to three.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What a great experience to have with your daughter. I am a big fan of Bruce and have seen him in concert many times. Some with my Mom.

I can't wait to read his autobiography, it's out the end of Sept. He is releasing a CD with it that has some previously unreleased songs from his first band. I preordered both from Amazon.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
QVC Social Team

Re: Springsteen Concert

[ Edited ]

Hello @AngusandBuddhasMom - I heard about that concert and how long he played. The last time I saw him it was about 3.5 hours and I know I was exhausted just from bopping around to the music so I don't know how he does it! We are going to Pittsburgh next week to visit family and see him again. I'm so excited! You definitely get your ticket money's worth at his shows. Glad you shared such a great entertainer with your DD. 

@PunkinEater - We are staying at a nearby hotel. Anything I need to know about the Pittsburgh venue?

Honored Contributor

So jealous, I believe my brother and his life long friend were at the show last night, it has been a while since I have seen the boss, his shows are amazing and never ever disappoint

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

We attended last night's concert at MetLife Stadium.  It was one of the best performances we've seen of Bruce's. .

The reviews I read said the concert set a record for a Springsteen American concert.  He played for 4 hours and 1 minute. There's a good recap under Music on Yahoo.

The downer of the concert was trying to get out of the parking lot after the concert.