Valued Contributor

Re: So Now There Is A Shortage Of

No Green Giant Niblets corn on my store shelf today & for the past 2 months.  They produce several varieties...Niblets, Yellow & White, Shoepeg, Mexican...but only the Mexican style has been on shelf for 2 months.

No Green Giant Le Seur peas for 2 months either.

Same with Penn Dutch canned mushrooms.

Respected Contributor

I used to love Hellman's Dijonnaise.  They discontinued that too......😤😤😤

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

That is a recipe for home-made and the capers are optional.

The capers are not part of the original Hellmann's tartar sauce.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

That's a shame but fortunately it's not critical to our welfare.  And, like others said, you can make it yourself; capers optional.

Valued Contributor

I haven't noticed a shortage of anything but have noticed stores aren't selling a lot of items they once did because of
AMAZON!!
Trusted Contributor

NOT trying to detour the thread, but there's DEFINITELY a shortage of common sense in this country.  Don't they teach ANYTHING in school anymore? 

I recently came across a couple of employed young adults that wouldn't have the sense to come in from the rain.  yikes!     

@Tinkrbl44 

I don't understand why you are blaming the schools.  Seems to me the parents are much more to blame for raising these dopes.

Honored Contributor

How very interesting @Mindy D 

Thanks for sharing that!  Capers, eh?  I rarely eat tartar sauce but never would have guessed!

A few months back, a friend near St. Louis couldn't find pickles at any store, BIG shortage.  I took pictures of the WALLS of pickles we had up North in both Weg and Tops.  Odd how certain areas run out of things.

In this case, it seems more like they discontinued it?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Scooty   my sister had this same question last week.  It wasn't a big deal to her since she just started making her own, but out of curiosity she made a couple of phone calls.  She was especially curious since it wasn't even available on Amazon.

Turns out Hellmann's/Unilever did indeed discontinue their Tartar Sauce back in 2020.  Any bottles for sale in 2021 were leftover on store shelves.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grand Happy wrote:
I haven't noticed a shortage of anything but have noticed stores aren't selling a lot of items they once did because of
AMAZON!!

@Grand Happy,  from where or whom did you get the information that stores aren't "selling a lot of items" because of Amazon?  What type of stores?  What type of items?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I used to love Hellman's Dijonnaise.  They discontinued that too......😤😤😤

@4kitties Im devastated by the Dijonaise thing. I can't make my deviled eggs.