Esteemed Contributor

Re: So Now There Is A Shortage Of

@RespectLife wrote:

How very interesting @Mindy D 

Thanks for sharing that!  Capers, eh?  I rarely eat tartar sauce but never would have guessed!

A few months back, a friend near St. Louis couldn't find pickles at any store, BIG shortage.  I took pictures of the WALLS of pickles we had up North in both Weg and Tops.  Odd how certain areas run out of things.

In this case, it seems more like they discontinued it?

@RespectLife, not sure where your friend is shopping, but I live in the St. Louis area (suburb) and can assure you that pickles are plentiful here! LOL!

Regular Contributor

Hckynut - I can see where you thought I went to 7 stores on the same day looking for tartar sauce.  Not so.  This was over the course of probably the last two months.  Whatever store I was in I would check and no luck.  No big deal as I bought other brands.  Just thought I would post this as an odd item to be gone from store shelves.

For cat lovers, have you seen a shortage of canned food, specifically Fancy Feast?   Even limited supplies on- line.

Respected Contributor

@Scooty wrote:

For cat lovers, have you seen a shortage of canned food, specifically Fancy Feast?   Even limited supplies on- line.

I get mine from Amazon and haven't noticed a shortage. And, apparently, there's no shortage of the tartar sauce as it's been discontinued.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

How very interesting @Mindy D 

Thanks for sharing that!  Capers, eh?  I rarely eat tartar sauce but never would have guessed!

A few months back, a friend near St. Louis couldn't find pickles at any store, BIG shortage.  I took pictures of the WALLS of pickles we had up North in both Weg and Tops.  Odd how certain areas run out of things.

In this case, it seems more like they discontinued it?

@RespectLife, not sure where your friend is shopping, but I live in the St. Louis area (suburb) and can assure you that pickles are plentiful here! LOL!

@jannabelle1 

LOL

This was not recent as I said.   She shops at Schnuks (sp?), Aldi's and Sams.

At one point, none of those stores had ANY pickles...she took pics of the empty shelves....yet in western NY, it was  pickle city!

I sent her pics to show her where all the pickles in the world were living.

I teased her that apparently, pickles are a bigger deal in the South than the North!

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's not necessarily the crock pot, it's primarily the stuff people dump into it and call it dinner.

@occasionalrain   LOL  Yeah, what fun we had. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's not necessarily the crock pot, it's primarily the stuff people dump into it and call it dinner.

@occasionalrain   LOL  Yeah, what fun we had. 

Mushroom soup from a can!

The good old days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie   Buy Duke's, we switched to this brand a couple of yrs ago. We switched from hellmann's that we thought would never happen. Duke's is more flavorful than hellmann's but is certainly NOT at all like miracle whip which you wouldNEVER find in our fridge.

Really happy to see Old Bay Seasoning back in our lock giant eagle today however!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I agree. Not only are they raising the prices, the amount in the okay is less. Started with cake mixes a few years ago. Now it’s bagged coffee, cereals, etc. The dollar’s value is shrinking , but so is the size of what you can buy with it. Insult and injury!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never purchased tartar sauce since it is so much easier to make it. Doubtful we could use up a storebought bottle of it before it went bad. I was at the grocery store yesterday ( Kroger) and they had almost no sugar- free anything; Splenda, pudding, gelatin, yogurt, etc. Seems every week there is an empty shelf somewhere in the store. 

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I used to love Hellman's Dijonnaise.  They discontinued that too......😤😤😤

@4kitties 

No wonder I haven't seen it lately.  Huh.