Honored Contributor

Re: Small Changes That I Have Made

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I am just the opposite when it comes to coffee. I've been a daily plain/no sugar coffee drinker for ages.

But I find myself drinking even more coffee and at a stronger brew than ever before, although never after noon or so.

@suzyQ3 

Me too!

Really good dark roast from a local coffee roaster, black, several cups over the morning (I start about 4:30 a.m), but none after noon.

@QueenDanceALot, cool. Now I know I'm not crazy...well.

We buy only Peet's Major Dickason's Blend (Dark Roast) -- so complex, with a hint of chocolate. We drink it black. Just thinking about it makes want some, but I'd be up all night (as if I'm not already, but still...)

I'm so nuts that I also love perfume oils with coffee as a note. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have never been a coffee drinker and don't like soda, I hate salty foods and always eat gluten- free.  So no wheat, rye or barley products.

There is not much left for me to stop eating, but I upped my exercise. I walk my dogs twice a day in every type of weather and try to move more by bicycling, swimming and walking.  If my right knee would cooperate, I'd move even more.

IMO, I think the key to staying young is moving.  Use it or lose it. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I am just the opposite when it comes to coffee. I've been a daily plain/no sugar coffee drinker for ages.

But I find myself drinking even more coffee and at a stronger brew than ever before, although never after noon or so.

@suzyQ3 

Me too!

Really good dark roast from a local coffee roaster, black, several cups over the morning (I start about 4:30 a.m), but none after noon.

@QueenDanceALot, cool. Now I know I'm not crazy...well.

We buy only Peet's Major Dickason's Blend (Dark Roast) -- so complex, with a hint of chocolate. We drink it black. Just thinking about it makes want some, but I'd be up all night (as if I'm not already, but still...)

I'm so nuts that I also love perfume oils with coffee as a note. :-)

@suzyQ3 

I also love Major Dickason's Blend!  That one usually ends up on a rotation with my other 2 dark roast favorites.  

And I just picked up an Extra Dark Roast from Trader Joe's which I tried for the first time today - excellent!  Cafe Pajaro Blend - also with the hint of chocolate.  

I rarely get a cup outside that matches what I can make at home.  I think I must be a coffee snob.

Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot, snobs unite!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On January 8, I gave up all sweet treats, pasta, bread, and most forms of junk food.  I still drink coffee, unsweetened iced tea, and lots of water.  I never have been much of a pop (aka soda) drinker so that's one vice I didn't have to overcome. 

Esteemed Contributor

My coffee-make broke. The life of an electric percolator is now 3 to 8 months. I ordered another elec. perc on-line and it will be delivered on Thursday. So - not having coffee for a week makes me sluggish and irritable. I only have 2 small cups for breakfast with toast.

I gave up soda - I didn't drink a lot --- but I noticed that I get stomach-aches - even from 1/3 can.

I'm always aware of what I'm eating - and I try to buy healthy.

Honored Contributor

I need to do something for weight loss. Coffee and soda drinking is minimal. I eat light for breakfast and lunch, so I guess the evening meal is my problem. It is frustrating.
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I joined a "no sugar" challenge group that my trainer set up in January. It was supposed to be only for the month of January, and while I've had a few deviations from the path, I've pretty much stuck to it on my own. The deal is no added sweetners of any kind. None. It's amazing how much better I feel without that in my body. 

OMG the whole month and continue on in some way even now?  I did that back about five years ago for 10 days right before Christmas so I could be guilt free for a change.  I did drop a few pounds going into the holiday week but no way never again.  I exercise daily for some sugar each night.  You are a strong woman @FrostyBabe1 Heart

It honestly wasn't that awful after the first couple of weeks. Days 3-14 were BRUTAL. I wanted a goo-filled, frosting covered donut so badly that I could hardly stand it - and I haven't eaten a donut in probably 2 years. At the end of the month, I pulled in to the parking lot at the donut shop and though "nah, I really don't want it". Processed foods are FULL of it and I'm not much of a cook so there's been a few meal disasters but it's 90% awesome. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I quit flavored creamers. Almond Joy was my favorite. Now I can’t stand any kind of sweetness in my coffee 

Can’t remember the last time I had a tomato. I imagine that will change in a couple of months. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx   Thank you so much for your reply!  I had never heard of beet root capsules, but I'm going to look into that.  My readings are sometimes around the 140/85 area, but not always.  They used to always be under 120/80.....even 109/70, for instance.  Like you, mine can shoot up quickly under certain circumstances.

Laura loves cats!