Esteemed Contributor

Re: Small Changes That I Have Made

@godi wrote:

I got rid of some negative people in my life. What a relief. Good for you watching your eating. It is such a battle for some. I battle it everyday. I would love to face dive in a cake on a daily basis. 🤣🤣  Keep going it is one day at a time. 

@godi 

Funny you should mention cake. Last night I had a dream that I was eating cake!

At least that cake was calorie free! *lol*

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

You know what's hard though, is when someone brings in pizza or doughnuts for the office.

It can be sooooo hard to resist not joining in!

But last Friday, a co-worker brought in a couple dozen doughnuts for the office, and I didn't take one!

Yea, me!

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I joined a "no sugar" challenge group that my trainer set up in January. It was supposed to be only for the month of January, and while I've had a few deviations from the path, I've pretty much stuck to it on my own. The deal is no added sweetners of any kind. None. It's amazing how much better I feel without that in my body. 

OMG the whole month and continue on in some way even now?  I did that back about five years ago for 10 days right before Christmas so I could be guilt free for a change.  I did drop a few pounds going into the holiday week but no way never again.  I exercise daily for some sugar each night.  You are a strong woman @FrostyBabe1 Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx  May I ask how you were able to lower your blood pressure (presumably without meds)?  I've doubled up on my garlic and potassium, but my BP monitor might be unreliable, so I won't know for sure until I see the doc in early June for my checkup.  I sometimes get the white coat syndrome when I'm there, so it's still hard to tell.  I used to always have low pressure, but that started changing as I passed 65.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Grouchomarx  May I ask how you were able to lower your blood pressure (presumably without meds)?  I've doubled up on my garlic and potassium, but my BP monitor might be unreliable, so I won't know for sure until I see the doc in early June for my checkup.  I sometimes get the white coat syndrome when I'm there, so it's still hard to tell.  I used to always have low pressure, but that started changing as I passed 65.

I started taking beet root capsules twice daily. I also have an occasional beet powder drink, not every day though.  Beets are known to help with BP.  From what I've heard it's for people with moderately high BP, not crazy through the roof BP. For example mine was hovering around 140/92 or so.  It is now routinely about 120/78 or so.  I take it a few times a week.  I have crazy white coat syndrome so I have to self monitor  to get an accurate reading.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

I started taking beet root capsules twice daily. I also have an occasional beet powder drink, not every day though.  Beets are known to help with BP.  From what I've heard it's for people with moderately high BP, not crazy through the roof BP. For example mine was hovering around 140/92 or so.  It is now routinely about 120/78 or so.  I take it a few times a week.  I have crazy white coat syndrome so I have to self monitor  to get an accurate reading.

@Grouchomarx 

What brand do you use, may I ask?

I went to see if Andrew Lessman has any beet root products, and he doesn't, which surprises me.

Maybe he'll come out with something someday.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous03281

What brand do you use, may I ask?

I went to see if Andrew Lessman has any beet root products, and he doesn't, which surprises me.

Maybe he'll come out with something someday.

The brand is Nusa Pure, I got it from Amazon. Beet root 605mg, 200 caps.  Once in the am, once in the pm.  I was also using one from CVS, it was called Radiance Platinum fermented beet root capsules, they were actually what I started on.  My store ran out so I switched but I may switch back.  Consult Beaute (Evine) makes Primo Beets for making the drink.  It's very pricey though.  

Honored Contributor

I am just the opposite when it comes to coffee. I've been a daily plain/no sugar coffee drinker for ages.

But I find myself drinking even more coffee and at a stronger brew than ever before, although never after noon or so.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I am just the opposite when it comes to coffee. I've been a daily plain/no sugar coffee drinker for ages.

But I find myself drinking even more coffee and at a stronger brew than ever before, although never after noon or so.

@suzyQ3 

Me too!

Really good dark roast from a local coffee roaster, black, several cups over the morning (I start about 4:30 a.m), but none after noon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish I could make myself drink coffee since it has several benefits.

I have stopped snacking...if you don’t count the five macadamia nuts I just ate 😏