Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Only 2 pkgs of toilet paper at Costco. No wipes...not even baby wipes or facial wipes....here we go again? 

I just got home from Costco.  Had LOTS of toilet paper, both Charmin and Costco brands.  Also plenty of paper towels.  In my area, there has been no wipes since the start of the pandemic.  Though, at Costco today, they did have a clean up at the check out register and the clean up cart had Clorox wipes.  Unfortunately I have not been able to find any for months.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shortages again?

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:

Only 2 pkgs of toilet paper at Costco. No wipes...not even baby wipes or facial wipes....here we go again? 

@lovesrecess 

Walmart has no shortages.

~Life is short.. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.  Make America Gaelic Again. ☘️~

Honored Contributor

Grocery stores surely have never gotten back to "normal".  There are several items I've been unable to get for several months.  I'm going to have to start an intensive search.  I don't understand why the shortages go on indefinitely.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I went food shopping on Friday, toilet paper is expensive. I bought a package of White Cloud which I haven't seen or bought in eons. I read an article we are getting toilet paper from Mexico, I have seen them, the package is in Spanish of course. 

Honored Contributor
There have never been wipes around here nor cleaning supplies unless you’re okay with using something more “natural”. Paper towels have sporadic for several months. TP ok.

Shortages:

In some cases the raw ingredients are not available especially if they come from China. For example, the material to make wipes or chemicals.

People are still buying astronomically more cleaning supplies and paper products than before Covid. Maybe not as bad as last spring but still a lot more than normal.

Production facilities are impacted by trying to adhere to social distancing while simultaneously ramping up production. The two requirements are at odds with each other.
Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

@lovesrecess 

Walmart has no shortages.

~Life is short.. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.  Make America Gaelic Again. ☘️~

@EatWell   My Walmart sure has shortages.  Some of my usual products haven't been seen for months.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Plenty of toilet paper.  People still must using their stock piled TP.  But paper towels are STILL hard to find.  I mean well known brands like Bounty.  Forget print rolls.  They haven't printed them in along time. I used to be able to get Wegman's own paper towels, but they come and stripped of their shelves with in 3 days of delivery.  To be ordered again....and the the cycle continues.  I use instacart and can't get them.  Haven't been able to get in 5 weeks in a row. I sometimes can get Bounty towels on Amazon.

Still no Clorox wipes.  I've forgotten what they look like.  It's been that long.  But I don't see any shortages of food though.  I've been able to get eggs weekly.  No problem with that.  That was a problem during the height of the pandemic earlier.  

Am still using instacart.  I like it so much, I've continued with it.  So I actually haven't been inside any supermarket, let alone Wegmans.  Interesting enough, instacart has expanded my stores to include Food Lion.  I've never been there.  Might try it next week.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paper towel shortage in my neck of the woods too. This past Tuesday none at BJ's, none at Stop & Shop, none at Home Depot. But plenty of toilet paper at all 3. It's been hit or miss with regular dinner size napkins as well. Only choices are often very large dinner size and cocktail size. My daughter brought me over a package of paper towels as she managed to get a few packages on-line.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3   You are correct.  IDK why I said that. I do know that some business had trouble with employees getting in to warehouses   But

it  was fires, not protests.  My mind is fried now  i really have been grieving about RBG.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political