Honored Contributor

I think the best sheets are the ones made 40 years ago--I still have a couple of them from wedding gifts that are cotton and soft and have held up for that long--remember the brand name--Vera---that's what I have--just 2 top sheets now,  but they are great. Have a few nice, old pillowcases that someone embroidered too, that are wonderful. I did just buy sheets from Evine that are 1000 count cotton/blend---that are pretty nice---

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 What kind of sheets do you get? I like thick sheets with substance myself. Target used to have Fieldcrest ones but they discontinued that type and I'm afraid to jump in their other ones for now.

@pigletsmom  We have a very deep mattress w/ attached pillow top and then a feather top from Sam’s. In all, we need a 20”+ fitted sheet. Most of these are found in higher thread counts. It’s an issue since I prefer 350 so they are nice, firm sheets. That’s why I go through the starch and iron routine. Our cleaner charges $18.50 to launder (not dry clean) king size sheets. Each week? Heck no! I can fold the top sheet in thirds after spraying and w/ iron on high, iron the 3 layers at once leaving my beloved creases & stiff finish, king cases also...all takes 10 minutes.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus,------Oy vey!

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

@Shanus,------Oy vey!

@hennypenny  Mom said same thing!!! Lol

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, lol!

I always say that ironing is against my religion (reform)

Honored Contributor

Let's say it's worth every penny.  If you've ever stayed at a really, really nice hotel (like the Ritz Carlton) the sheets are 1,000 thread count and not a wrinkle and crisp.

That's how my sheets feel!