Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn' look

[ Edited ]

@iTalia wrote:

Let's face it. Isaac's TSV is pretty dull & boring and Shawn knows it too. I give her kudos props for trying to glam it up by dressing with the long, flowy lace top over them. It totally gives interest to an otherwise nondescript pant. Shawn knows how to sell.

For those who snub Shawn's wardrobe choices, I presume you are of the older generation who don't like to take chances and don't like fun, trendy looks & stays in a rut. Shawn likes to take her look outside of the box and I love that! She's never boring. 

I'm in my mid forties and don't think her outfit is fun. Or trendy. I agree with the rest.😁

Honored Contributor

Anyone remember Cyndi Lauper back in the day? No one else could pull off her outfits but her, why limit yourselves? I agree with @tansy with Shawn being self confidant.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

Just odd  and NOT feeling it ! I see and get trendy and individual style  ...hers is just off. The colors,proportion, mix of casual and dressy ...No! 

Trusted Contributor

@cody2 wrote:
I am not a fan of her style. But I respect her right to be herself and WEAR her style. That is what we all should do. No?

No, not always - for one thing not the work place.

Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Anyone remember Cyndi Lauper back in the day? No one else could pull off her outfits but her, why limit yourselves? I agree with @tansy with Shawn being self confidant.

Is she self confidant - I'm not so sure about that?  As for Cyndi Lauper she was a rock star, Shawn is a "sales clerk"   there is a big difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

Let's face it. Isaac's TSV is pretty dull & boring and Shawn knows it too. I give her kudos props for trying to glam it up by dressing with the long, flowy lace top over them. It totally gives interest to an otherwise nondescript pant. Shawn knows how to sell.

For those who snub Shawn's wardrobe choices, I presume you are of the older generation who don't like to take chances and don't like fun, trendy looks & stays in a rut. Shawn likes to take her look outside of the box and I love that! She's never boring. 

It would seem that only an older person would think that is a young look.

If you taught in a high school you would see trendy.  NOT a middle aged 40 year old trying to  looking like an "80's Madonna.

Honored Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Is she self confidant - I'm not so sure about that?  As for Cyndi Lauper she was a rock star, Shawn is a "sales clerk"   there is a big difference.

Shawn is self confidant because she takes risks, doesn't fit into a mold and is her own person. If she is to be considered a "sales clerk" then she she is a very successful one. Rock star or not, Shawn is true to herself and if the brass at QVC minded, she would have been gone long ago.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Shawn is self confidant because she takes risks, doesn't fit into a mold and is her own person. If she is to be considered a "sales clerk" then she she is a very successful one. Rock star or not, Shawn is true to herself and if the brass at QVC minded, she would have been gone long ago.

I won't argue with you it sounds like you must know her well,  I don't so I wouldn't know weather she is or isn't a confidant person as I think I stated.   As for being a "sales clerk" what else would you consider her to be, she sells things , maybe a sales "person" would have been a better word to use. Be her successful or not dosn't change what she does , she sells thing.  I happen to like Shawn - alot. I am not one of whose that turns QVC off when she's on.  But I do think her attire has changed in the past couple of years and not for the better.. 

Occasional Contributor

Isaac remarked about the top not going with that lace dress and said she looked like a stuffed animal, like a Paddington bear - they had a funny exchange where Isaac seemed to think the outfit was silly, and Shawn told him to stop, it's not horrible, he's not being fair (to which he replied "it is fair").  Shawn said it's called layering, and Isaac clearly wasn't buying it, although the exchange was done in a laughing way on his part.   Funny when the fashion designer makes fun of the host's outfit!  Wondering if anyone else saw this exchange.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Silver Fox1 Shawn is Shawn who I get a kick out of, she's daring and appears to be a genuinely nice person. I don't know her personally but I don't get the negativity towards her at all, her outfits are different but somehow she carries them in her own way. Woman Happy