Honored Contributor

Robert Wilson, passed away from Alzheimer's at 75 here in Dallas.

Many will say, 'who?'

Oh my....where do I begin?

Roger Wilson:
-Father of Owen & Luke Wilson, actors
-Father of Robert, director
-Husband of Laura, notable photographer (New York Times & Vanity Fair)
-Started KERA, Dallas' Public Broadcasting Station to what it is today
-Brought British Comedies to America/KERA w/ Monty Python's Flying Circus
-Gave Jim Lehrer, reporter, a spot on PBS...then became The MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour

And he started all this...at the age of 26!!

I'm a h.u.g.e. BritCom fan! I was so surprised when I discovered they were introduced to America via my very own little KERA here in Dallas. Just think of the springboard effect of British Comedy throughout the years.  

What an accomplished community leader, businessman, father and husband.   So modest, but what a visionary. 

Alzheimers....at the age of 75?
Much, much too young.

IMG_1491.jpg

Honored Contributor

Mr. Wilson certainly left a legacy in the broadcast industry.  And artistic talent abounds in this family.  I think Owen Wilson facially resembles Mrs. Wilson, and Luke Wilson resembles his father.

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP: Robert Wilson, 75

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, people even younger also get Alzheimer's.  Family history pays a part, especially genetics.

It has nothing to do with what he ate or didn't eat, so he is free of that condemnation.

I never heard of him, unfortunately, he was obviously ahead of his time and produced wonderful children.

Information from the Alzheimer's research organization regarding causes of:

http://www.alz.org/research/science/alzheimers_disease_causes.asp?gclid=COfDtISA2tMCFUg8gQodgF8NAA

Honored Contributor

British Comedy.

How many hours of Monty Python & Benny Hill

have I watched over the years?  

And that Benny Hill theme song gets in your head...ear worm. 

Always a chase scene with girls in bikinis.  So funny. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear.  Enjoyed many Benny Hill shows. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Thank you for this lovely tribute, I did not know of the gentleman, but I appreciate his accomplishments.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I have a friend who I grew up with who was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's in his very late 30's. He was the same age as me (47) and he died two weeks ago. He died of sepsis caused by a MRSA infection and had been in and out of the hospital but he was terribly affected by it especially with in the last year. His personality had changed a great deal and he was becoming very suspicious and paranoid. We facetimed several times a week his paranoia of those around him was becoming more and more pronounced. He was supposed to be coming to visit me next weekend. RIP Jon. 

How very sad about Robert Wilson. I wasn't familiar with him or his history. Sounds like he was quite a talented and accomplished man. RIP.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Wow, I'm a Dallas native and didn't know all of that about him, esp. the KERA part.   What an accomplished man.

Esteemed Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 I am so very sorry for your loss!

Honored Contributor

Robert Wilson,

Image result for rest in peace images