Respected Contributor

If that's the setup, then it doesn't sound like they are diong anything to benefit current or long-time customers. I shop at a few sites where loyalty is rewarded with some real savings, so it encourages me to shop there more often. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Seriously, QVC???

[ Edited ]

An obvious telling that they are LOSING customers!

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Isn't it typical?  think of all the companies that give something to new customers & ignore long-time loyal customers?  Cell phone companies, internet companies, streaming channels, etc .....

Typical.

I have to say I get quite a bit of nice deals from HSN. 

@Mary Bailey 

I remember when LOYAL long time QVC customers received a Thanksgiving card "signed" by all the QVC host and included a special discount coupon...One time I even got a special QVC deck of cards .......now we just hear about what the NEW customers are getting....🙄😒

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Reminiscent of the old days and their 'random' Easy Pay cards sent out to some, but not all, on birthdays and certain holidays. It was stupid then and it's stupid now, One wonders what's to stop those interested from simply opening a new email account and then opening a new QVC account to get the promotion. Personally, I don't order enough from this place to worry about it. I'll just wait for a free shipping day and if the item or two I want is available, maybe (big maybe) I'll place an order. This is, however, another poorly thought out, but vintage Quarate, marketing scheme.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tori3569 wrote:

I'm really not seeing the reason for the uproar.  Companies do this all the time.  My husband got NFL Sunday ticket for free this year because we got directv.  It's usually $299 for the season.  We also got a $250 visa gift card for changing our WiFi service to optimum.  Aren't we all used to promos to bring in new customers?  They’re advertised all the time.

@Tori3569 

And long time customers get to a point where they get fed up and start taking their business elsewhere.....

And isnt Direct TV that the same company thats always dropping channels to make up for subsidizing the NFL Sunday ticket for "free" ..Oh and BTW after 2022, the NFL Ticket contract with Direct TV ends as the NFL moves on to yet another company, probably a streaming company (Apple TV, Google, Amazon have all submitted bidsbto the NFL)....so tell your husband to enjoy his "free" NFL offer while he can....

There will be a new service providing NFL games through Sunday Ticket in 2023. This will be the last season the satellite service Direct TV will have rights to the package after launching in 1994.Jul 8, 2022

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

will add that most retailers have some type of loyalty program

other than ezp Q offers nothing, and JMPO ezp isn't an incentive to purchase for me 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tori3569 wrote:

@rockygems123 We'll agree to disagree.  I don't see it as apples and oranges at all.  
There are similar promos when one opens a store credit card at almost every store that long time customers don't get.  There are percentages off when one signs up for a website's email that current customers don't get.  

We have Sirius and new customers can get a subscription for $6/month for a year right now, while we pay $199 for the year (for each of 2 cars).

It happens every day.  New customer acquisition is very important to businesses right now and QVCs not the only one using this kind of tactic.  If I didn't read these forums, it wouldn't have even caught my attention on the shows. 

@Tori3569 

I attended a business conference and one of the speakers talked about how much MORE it costs retailers to bring in new business than keeping loyal current customers ...What happens in the end everyone ends up subsidizing these discounts for the new customers in the form of overall price increases ....Its like that car commercial they used to show----"pay me know, or pay me later"...no one actually gets anything "free".......

Esteemed Contributor

Yes. I think that if QVC had some sort of loyalty rewards program the outrage expressed here over new customer benefits would be much, much less.

There are so many options other retailers use: accumulation of redeemable reward points,  free shipping at some level (Macy's has tiered rewards)......all of these new executives surely can cook up something. 

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Tori3569 wrote:

I'm really not seeing the reason for the uproar.  Companies do this all the time.  My husband got NFL Sunday ticket for free this year because we got directv.  It's usually $299 for the season.  We also got a $250 visa gift card for changing our WiFi service to optimum.  Aren't we all used to promos to bring in new customers?  They’re advertised all the time.

@Tori3569 

Apples & oranges scenario.  Sure promotions for enticing new customers is great however to ignore and not reward your solid loyal longtime customer base is a mistake.  TV shopping channels today have been outpaced by other better suppliers, appreciate what you have.

Not an apple/orange scenario at all.  Many, many companies outside of the QVC bubble some seem to be in do exactly what the Q has just done.  I don't know what part of the country some of you live in but if you open your eyes you'd see they are following behind some bigger companies who have done the same thing.  It obvious pays off otherwise, they wouldn't do it @rockygems123 .

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Apples.

Oranges.

Unparalleled in execution.

Disastrous marketing failure.

Not comparable to other industries.   The number of retailers is boundless, competition every where, choices unlimited....the number of mobile phone and cable carriers is distinctly finite.

I predict this will be an unprecedented failure, embarrassment and textbook case study in customer relations ignorance.