Esteemed Contributor

@sylram wrote:
I did a double take when I heard it, how dare they disrespect loyal customers who have purchased for many years. It’s a total slap in the face - are they TRYING to lose business?!

@sylram   I did also.  Why do they get it till the end of January?  I never heard of anything so stupid.  I am done, They have lost my business.  Amazon is where I am doing my shopping. They respect their Customers.

Trusted Contributor

I ask again.....What are we?! Chopped liver???!!

Don't us long timer, heavy spenders deserve free shipping too???

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Regular Contributor

I guess I will be doing all my shopping elsewhere. With Amazon. I get free shipping, returns are easy and refund is credited within an hour if I take it to Kohls. And Kohls gives me $5 in Kohls cash.  Right now most of what I have ordered off my family's giift list has a return window until the end of January. 

Respected Contributor

Terrible marketing strategy.

They gain 100 new customers with free shipping on orders until January, 2023.

Long time QVC customers learn about this promotion, taking into account they are offered nothing, and 500 of them vow to shop elsewhere.

Huge mistake.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

Re: Seriously, QVC???

[ Edited ]

I'm really not seeing the reason for the uproar.  Companies do this all the time.  My husband got NFL Sunday ticket for free this year because we got directv.  It's usually $299 for the season.  We also got a $250 visa gift card for changing our WiFi service to optimum.  Aren't we all used to promos to bring in new customers?  They’re advertised all the time.

Respected Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

I'm really not seeing the reason for the uproar.  Companies do this all the time.  My husband got NFL Sunday ticket for free this year because we got directv.  It's usually $299 for the season.  We also got a $250 visa gift card for changing our WiFi service to optimum.  Aren't we all used to promos to bring in new customers?  They’re advertised all the time.

@Tori3569 

Apples & oranges scenario.  Sure promotions for enticing new customers is great however to ignore and not reward your solid loyal longtime customer base is a mistake.  TV shopping channels today have been outpaced by other better suppliers, appreciate what you have.

Esteemed Contributor

Any time there is an offer for new customers it seems to make sense from their point of view BUT it turns me away and makes me feel like I am being taken advantage of or not valued.  Not just QVC.  Retailers do it all the time.Years and years of being a good and loyal customer without any appreciatiion or perks. QVC should take a page out of the Zulily program and allow one shipping charge for multiple products on the same day or weekend.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123 We'll agree to disagree.  I don't see it as apples and oranges at all.  
There are similar promos when one opens a store credit card at almost every store that long time customers don't get.  There are percentages off when one signs up for a website's email that current customers don't get.  

We have Sirius and new customers can get a subscription for $6/month for a year right now, while we pay $199 for the year (for each of 2 cars).

It happens every day.  New customer acquisition is very important to businesses right now and QVCs not the only one using this kind of tactic.  If I didn't read these forums, it wouldn't have even caught my attention on the shows. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tori3569 - I'm a longtime SiriusXM customer and I'm only paying $6 a month (incl. fees & taxes) for each of my two vehicles.  I simply tell them at renewal time that it's not worth more than that to me and they are happy to oblige, rather than lose me as a customer.

I can't say the same for a lot of other companies I've dealt with.

In this instance of QVC, I think offering new customers free shipping on every item through January is a bit excessive.  So the regular, long-standing customers get zip going into the Christmas shopping period, except maybe one or two free shipping days?

Count me out.

(ETA:  I see in another thread that the offer is for free shipping up to 15 orders.  I haven't seen the Q's announcement yet, but I still think that's a slap in the face to longtime customers.)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have read so many threads about this yesterday and people are rightfully upset by this.  I am one of them.

Loyal customers are already blocked out from getting most coupons they offer (new customers only, "random" customers, etc.), but this one takes the cake.

The biggest complaint that many of us have about QVC is the lack of free shipping.  They are very outdated with this practice as most companies offer free shipping either all the time or with a certain purchase amount.  The fact that they are offering free shipping to new customers only is hurtful and confusing.  Yes, they have a right to try and bring in new customers, but this is an offer that is beyond the typical "new customer" incentive.  I could understand a one time free shipping code (I guess, lol), but to be allowed to make purchases through January 31st is completely and utterly unfair. 

I really don't know what else to say about it because it's all been said on here.  It would be amazing if QVC listened to everyone's feedback/anger over this and did something about it.  Do I think they will?  No, I don't.  With the exception of keeping these boards open when people were upset over it last year, QVC rarely listens to anything we say.  Instead they are finding more and more ways to alienate their existing customers.

Many of us keep coming back even though they make mistakes beyond the norm for any company.  There have been long ship times, cancelled orders, easy pay "glitches", wrong items being sent, empty boxes being delivered, no return labels, months to receive a refund, being charged ridiculous amounts to return items, errors on online items, etc.  The list goes on and on, but somehow many of us keep coming back.  It's because we are loyal customers and there are things about QVC that we do really like.  However, when there is something like free shipping being offered to some, but not all, it really makes a person stop and think about the priority of this company.

It's all getting so old.