Esteemed Contributor

Re: Seeking Advice re Co-worker

@drizzellla wrote:

My coworker is one lonely lady. I bite my tongue and am pleasant to her. As she tells me how she could never live in my neighborhood - she was in the area once and was afraid for her life.

You should have told her that you're glad she made it out alive because not many do. LOL

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I know what you are going through. I am living it now. My coworker is one lonely lady. But she is one miserable lady too, And I only reason I am nice and personable with her is because we sit next to each other and have to work together. I bite my tongue and am pleasant to her. As she tells me how she could never live in my neighborhood - she was in the area once and was afraid for her life. How everything I do is wrong and she will spends hours to try and prove to everyone that whatever i did in work was wrong - it wasn't. But she goes to great lengths to try and make herself look better than me.

I had this happen with my own pest. She had been living with her SO in a neighborhood with high rents. They got kicked out of the apt for non-payment of rent and had to look where rents are cheaper. She let it be known where she was looking (my neighborhood) and that she felt it was ugly, dirty, creepy and dangerous so she really hoped they'd find a place in a "nice(er)" area. The office was always informed of all her life-drama, of which there was plenty.

Of course you know where she ended up - not least because no one else would accept their bad credit and bad rental record. And she kept ragging on about the neighborhood - this restaurant, that store, etc. were crappy. They were invariably favorites of mine ;-)

The neighborhood is 100 old, and parts of it are shabby, but it's not "dangerous", it just doesn't get spiffed up everywhere. The kicker? She came from a gritty blue collar Boston neighborhood and thought the West Side (the more affluent side) of LA was scary.  That cracked me up.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

My coworker is one lonely lady. I bite my tongue and am pleasant to her. As she tells me how she could never live in my neighborhood - she was in the area once and was afraid for her life.

You should have told her that you're glad she made it out alive because not many do. LOL

HA! HA! Sorry - I didn't think of that - will have to remember the next time she comments about where I live. It is bound to come up every few months.  When she insults me I usually don't comment because it just gets her going on all  the other things "I am doing wrong". Thanks Daisy

Honored Contributor

Moonchilde - Our neighborhood is older too. It was a quant  town outside the City of Philadelphia. And just like any area near a large city lots of stuff moved in. My neighbors are wonderful. Many have grown up in the town and stayed to raise their families here too. Everyone looks out for one another, And when it snows were make sure the "older" neighbors are shoveled out, their trash cans are put out on trash day, if they are having health issues that they have the needed medicine and food. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. And just bacause my house is not as new as her house - I have to hear how she couldn't possibly live where I do over and over again. In fact I can not believe I have been able to survive as long as I have without her telling me what I am doing wrong on a regular basis.