Trusted Contributor

Re: Saw my first person WITHOUT a mask on Today out shopping

I was so happy to see every single person and employee in my supermarket in NYC wearing a mask this morning.  

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

Hardly ever see a person WEARING a mask here.  Really only in a medical facility.

Contributor

I noticed that as soon as they told us to rip our masks off, people also forgot about proper hygiene. I didn't get a vaccine shot. My choice. During this whole year of wearing a mask, I have yet to get even a cold. As soon as they said not to wear a mask, both my husband and I got covid.Even thought we had always been as careful as we always were.
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Our mask mandate is also gone for those double vaccinated and unfortunately it's the honor system for those not vaccinated to wear a mask.

Fortunately, in my county which still has a high virus rate, almost everyone I see is still wearing a mask, including all employees at Big Lots and other stores.  (I was there over the weekend). I certainly am. I'm double vaxed but there is a lot of virus still around.

I seriously do not trust what's going on.  Why would anyone NEED to be coaxed into protecting themselves?  I may be a chicken but I'm not a dumb one.  No bogus vaccine touches me BUT I DO wear a mask in public still even though a lot of states dropped it.

Respected Contributor

Not for nothing but that "vaccine" is only good for six months and who wants to do that again......

I trust in GOD, not man.  I say and this is just my opinion....give me liberty or give me death and I mean it.  I proved it in my life.

I still believe a mask is a good idea and I still wear it in public. 

Okay, I guess that covers it.

Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Very few masks where I'm at and I'm fine with it.  Those that are saying "we will be right back where we were"  "millions will die!"  etc...I ask HOW?  Seriously how?  They believe that millions of millions had the virus and millions more that they may never know about that didn't know due to no symptoms and all those people now have antibodies, hundreds of millions got their shot, there are proven treatment protocols for the rapidly dimishing numbers that actually are now winding up in the hospital and very few are even being put on a ventilator.   When was the last day you ladies that are stating we will be "right back where we were" saw death totals running at the bottom of the television screen?  Reports of ICUs overwhelmed?  Ventilator shortages?  Heck my county hasn't announced any "infections" let alone "hospitalizations" or "deaths" in months. 

They know the antibodies protect and very likely from the 11 months of studies done so far, longer than the shots.  You can still get it wearing a mask and even with your shot.   These are facts. And the biggest fact is the highest at risk and the by far most that died is that over 484,000 of the over 584,000 were over 65.  I understand the fear of removing your mask if you fall in that age group.  But this thing always was 99% survivable for the under 65 crowd.  Yes people died. People will always die.  But this thing has in fact run it's course.  There are no longer the numbers to support the "millions and millions" will die in the US" fear.  It isn't going to happen.  They have a good picture of who is the most vulnerable now.  I have no fear of going without my mask.  I actually have no fear of even getting Covid anymore.  And a positive test is just that a positive.  If no one winds up in the hospital or on a ventilator, you heal at home, and now have antibodies.  I'm sure I will get bashed and trashed here and that's fine.  I am comfortable with my decisions and knowledge of the facts.  And the hard fact is even with a mask you can infect someone, even with a shot you can infect someone  The shot lowers the symptoms that's it.  Fact is even in the beginning when this was running wild with ZERO precautions no one dropped dead in the streets.  There were no masks being worn then, NONE.  And yet the most that got it and had the most severe outcomes were and always has been over 65.  No one cares if you want to continue to wear a mask forever.  It's fine.  It' s also fine if you don't.  Do you really think if "millions more" will die, that they would allow places to fully open?  That would be political suicide.  Please do not forget the millions and millions that worked through this whole thing with zero issues.  No we will not wind up where we were last winter with this virus.   But it's totally ok to keep your mask on and totally ok to take it off if you are comfortable.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan423 wrote:
I noticed that as soon as they told us to rip our masks off, people also forgot about proper hygiene. I didn't get a vaccine shot. My choice. During this whole year of wearing a mask, I have yet to get even a cold. As soon as they said not to wear a mask, both my husband and I got covid.Even thought we had always been as careful as we always were.

If you choose not to get the vaccine you know the risk and the consequences.   Please do not put it on others because you may regret your choice.  You had the option.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Susan423 wrote:

If you choose not to get the vaccine you know the risk and the consequences.   Please do not put it on others because you may regret your choice.  You had the option.

@Susan423 @77yangya @eadu4 

@CrazyDaisy  Thank you for stating the obvious truth.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Not for nothing but that "vaccine" is only good for six months and who wants to do that again......

I trust in GOD, not man.  I say and this is just my opinion....give me liberty or give me death and I mean it.  I proved it in my life.

Smiley Happy

@77yangya, that is just an estimate. It could last much longer. We'll find out as the months go by. I trust science and have been fully vaccinated. I will still wear a mask where it is mandated. But in about two weeks, California will lift all restrictions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Smiley Happy

@77yangya. Your statement about "only good for six months" is not true. They don't yet know how long the vax provides immunity for, but do know it has provided six months worth thus far in the testing. It could very well be much longer than that. The six months is just what they can say with assurance thus far.  So your statement is misleading.