Honored Contributor

Re: Saw my first person WITHOUT a mask on Today out shopping

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

Stopped at Walmart grocery and sign said no masks if vac. I chose to wear one anyway. Most people didn't wear one. The checker still does. 

We were taking and he said they won't check for vac cards and wouldn't do anything about it anyway.

He also mentioned there was a new worse virus coming.

I don't mind wearing one and who knows who got vaccinated or not so I'm not taking any chances, its not that big of a deal to wear one. 

@luvmyteddy4, does he moonlight as a disease expert? :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@BalletBabe Wow, I thought I was the only one on these boards not vaccinated!

@KKJ 

I'm not vaccinated & don't intend to get vaccinated.

Same here.  I will not wear a mask either.  If a business requires it, I'm out.  I'll go elsewhere.  In our town, you are the odd one now if you're wearing a mask.  I was at wal-mart yesterday and I saw maybe a handful of masks. I will continue, as I have always done my whole life, washing my hands continually.  No more of this mask wearing with continually touching surfaces and then touching my face to adjust a mask and spreading bacteria. Nope.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m vaccinated, mask mandate lifted yesterday. I’ll continue indoors especially in my gym. It really doesn’t bother me and has nothing to do with freedom. Too many questions unanswered for me, too many of my colleagues died or long term effects. I don’t know the strength of my immunity and have been wearing a mask so I don’t even know if the vaccine is effective. I’ll go slowly and no hurry for me
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Running errands with my mask was such a breeze. All I did was eyebrow pencil and eyeliner and out the door! I miss that....

One thing I've enjoyed is not even having to do that.   My eyes are super sensitive to light so whenever I go somewhere I put on my sunglasses which are rather large AND super dark.

Between the sunglasses and the mask, plus I put a hat on to pull my ponytail through in the back, all you see is my  ears.  Smiley Very Happy

I totally don't miss having to put on make up (I never wore a lot - just the minimum) to feel like I look presentable.

Better watch out, @chickenbutt . You might be mistaken for a bank robber! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Here in the Seattle area everyone continues to mask up pretty much.

Today I saw my FIRST maskless  person.  It was actually  the person who rang me up at the Big Lots...they have a no mask needed if vaccinated mandate on the door as you enter.  Everyone else including customers were masked, as I think most people like myself are still unsure WHAT to do. 

People without masks do not bother me as am fully vaccinated so not too worried. 

Actually was at Big Lots yesterday also. my DH and I still wore our masks and so did the cashiers.( Massachusetts ) we were both vaccinated Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@deeva wrote:

States are handling this so differently. Here, it's becoming rare to see people wearing masks. I am so glad that I can go into stores without a mask. 

Amazingly how everything has opened up so quickly! Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

@deeva wrote:

States are handling this so differently. Here, it's becoming rare to see people wearing masks. I am so glad that I can go into stores without a mask. 

Amazingly how everything has opened up so quickly! Smiley Surprised

In my area the number of cases have dropped as fast.  So nice to be out and about without masks.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

What I find so interesting about quoting Fauci and/or the CDC is that when it really WAS a matter of life and death, they originally told us masks were of little to no use.

Of course they also insisted the virus didn't come from the lab in Wuhan - so there's that as well.

My very favorite though was when Fauci said back in March of 2020 that he didn't see any problem with healthy people going on cruises.  This was after the  initial cases of  cruise ships that were rampant with virus and refused entry to many countries.

That's when I knew he was either lying or incompetent.

That is ridiculous.   He was neither lying nor incompetent.  This was a new form of virus.  One we knew little to nothing about.  As the virus was studied and observed, we learned more about it.  As we learned more about it, protocols changed.  This is normal in science and medicine.  

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@BalletBabe   What source (s) are you getting your health information from?

I would like to read about the deaths and those paralyzed that you posted about.

@Mersha   I am getting it from all over. Not just one place but trust me it is happening.  Do your own research, it is not that hard. 

Here you go, this is one outstanding source 😄

The article entitled “CDC Report – 3,150 People Paralyzed After COVID-19 Vaccine “Unable to Perform Normal Daily Activities” that is being screenshot and circulated on Facebook was published on Dec. 22 on the website Great Game India

Ha.  Figures.  It probably went from Great Game India straight to "news" channels that wouldn't broadcast  the truth if their lives depended on it.  

Honored Contributor

At walmart for the past couple of weeks there has been very few without a mask.

The workers there are still all in a mask. 

Im still wearing one since I am not getting

the vaccine.

My friend said is feels great to not be wearing one now!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller