Respected Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WHERE DID YOU GO FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?

We got married at Walt Disney World and stayed there for a week afterwards.

Honored Contributor

7 day cruise to the Caribbean.  Beautiful but could have done without the knowledge when we were sailing through the Bermuda Triangle.  I thought it was so neat to see Cuba from a distance.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

I have enjoyed reading the stories here!  With all the TV shows and sites that make a wedding and honeymoon sound like such a major production, it is good to know there are more "down to earth" stories.

Do you think that weddings with all the bells & whistles set up some false expectations?  I noticed that many of the simple (cheap) make-shift honeymoons were followed by long lasting marriages!

Speaking of television, I got the idea for the resort we stayed at in St. Thomas from a soap opera!  They filmed an engagement story line there.  I thought it was a wonderful way to get a Birdseye view of the resort ahead of time!  It was gorgeous on tv and gorgeous in person!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Valued Contributor

Disneyworld, St Augustine Beach, FL and then husband put me on a plane back to my parents in Oregon for six weeks and he flew off to Pennsicola, FL for Flight School.  Nearly 34 years ago!     

Honored Contributor

i had no honeymoon. dh was in the military stationed on east coast, only had 4 days to get married and get back to his base.

got married in my hometown in upper midwest and traveled back east all in 4 days. 

boy this brings back memories. that was 47 yrs ago. 

I didn't mind the no honeymoon. 

Valued Contributor

I had a big church wedding and a wonderful honeymoon! Our honeymoon was a week in Paradise Island and Nassau in the Bahamas followed by 4 days at DIsneyworld and 3days at my in-laws in Key West. I felt like I was away for a month. Lots of fun and great vacation. We  have returned there with our three boys many times. We are still going strong loving and enjoying our two granddaughters. I do have a girlfriend though that had a large wedding and when returning from their honeymoon were very disappointed that the fanfare was over. I couldn't wait to start our everyday lives together while she was complaining it was all over. Three years later when I was pregnant with my first son she was separating from her husband. 

Honored Contributor

We went to The Bahama's. It was 110 degree's and 100% humidity when we got off the plane. We were drenched by the time we rented our car and got to the Hotel. Hotels had room Air Conditioners at that time and my husband was so hot he sat in front of the AC with the cold air on him...next day he was sick as can be and in bed. I took my very fair skin to the beach and got sun poisoning....then we were both in bed.....we had 2 enjoyable days out of 7 on our honeymoon.

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

We went to The Bahama's. It was 110 degree's and 100% humidity when we got off the plane. We were drenched by the time we rented our car and got to the Hotel. Hotels had room Air Conditioners at that time and my husband was so hot he sat in front of the AC with the cold air on him...next day he was sick as can be and in bed. I took my very fair skin to the beach and got sun poisoning....then we were both in bed.....we had 2 enjoyable days out of 7 on our honeymoon.

Oh no, @DREAMON!  Sounds like another made for TV movie!  Sun poisoning is the worst! 

It is easy to look back and maybe laugh about these things, but at the time, not so fun.  Thanks for your post!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!