Respected Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WHERE DID YOU GO FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?

A week in St. Thomas followed by two weeks in Disney World. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

We spent our Honeymoon in the Bahamas, it was heavenly.  The weather was perfect.  I was stress free for the first time in months.  I felt like a grown up for the first time in my life!  

Valued Contributor

65 years ago  we went to niagra falls

Valued Contributor

65 years ago  we went to niagra falls

Respected Contributor

Honeymoon? The night after we got married, we spent in a motel out of town. We had to get our stuff together and go to our first apartment near DH's new job.

We've had plenty of trips the past 53 years to make up for it.

Valued Contributor

45 yrs.next weekend and still going strong.!... 

Borrowed my in-laws car and took a road trip up through the straits of Michigan, around the U.P., around the big lake to Toronto and to Niagara Falls, then back through Detroit and to home.  It was Beautiful!! and the weather was great til we hit niagara falls.   Went from perfect weather to 49 degrees for three days..well nine months later our daughter was born..ha ha....nothing else better to do at the time...but had lots of fun!!!

Respected Contributor

oh @lulu2

bless your heart.  i hope everything has been much, much better since.

sending hugs

Valued Contributor

I have enjoyed reading the stories here!  With all the TV shows and sites that make a wedding and honeymoon sound like such a major production, it is good to know there are more "down to earth" stories.

Do you think that weddings with all the bells & whistles set up some false expectations?  I noticed that many of the simple (cheap) make-shift honeymoons were followed by long lasting marriages!

Esteemed Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

I have enjoyed reading the stories here!  With all the TV shows and sites that make a wedding and honeymoon sound like such a major production, it is good to know there are more "down to earth" stories.

Do you think that weddings with all the bells & whistles set up some false expectations?  I noticed that many of the simple (cheap) make-shift honeymoons were followed by long lasting marriages!

@Libbylady  I noticed the same thing!  I think it is called priorities and common sense.  I can't imagine taking out a loan for a wedding, let alone, a honeymoon.  The concentration for many these days (not all) is the wedding and not the marriage.  Too bad.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@tends2dogs

I started Drag Racing on Drag Strips when I was 16. I loved cars and also racing. For me it was the 1320' straight ahead on either concrete or  asphalt race tracks? For years I raced several different Race Cars, all Ford or Ford line of cars. Traveled most every weekend during racing season around the States in the Midwest to race.

Won many different types of Race Classes during those years. Most of my friends were into Drag Racing and hockey in the winter. A couple of them raced Stock Cars on the 2/3 mile dirt track here in town, or the 1/2 mile asphalt track across the river in Iowa.

I preferred Drag Racing for a participant, and circle track racing as a fan in the bleachers. Traveled thousands of miles, mostly 2 lane highways back in those days, towing my Race Cars. My mom wasn't too fond of me racing when I was only 16, but she knew how hard I worked to buy my cars, and she kinda accepted it, I think!

Always love to talk racing, it is still in my blood, just got beyond what I wanted to spend in $$$, so I quit and took up racing with my feet in Road Races. Much easier on the wallet, and also was good for my body.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  I can sort of relate.  My DH raced for the first 10 years or so of our marriage.  We went all over the midwest and Canada racing go karts, no less.  Then after that he went into stock cars racing modifieds.  We did circle track and street races (go karts).  It was a lot of fun, a lot of travel, and a lot of $$$$.  It isn't for everyone, but if you love it, you love it.  Our families just shook their heads about it.  Smiley Happy 

Did you ever have any major accidents?  My DH went head over tea kettle (his expression) one time in the go kart at close to 100 MPH and being that close to the ground.....YIKES!  He walked away.......says alot for the protective gear.  Another time, his engine blew up in the modified and the flames came through into driver area and burned his hands quite bad.  Other than that, considering the many times he was in the car, not bad. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!