Honored Contributor

Re: SO TELL US, WHERE DID YOU GO FOR YOUR HONEYMOON?

@tends2dogs wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@tends2dogs

We went out to a mexican lunch with the few family members and close friends that attended our wedding. Early the next morning, still at home, we went to make a TV Commercial for a company in our city.

Went to breakfast after the the video shoot, then back to our home and furry kids. Great time/practical​ and little money spent, which is never a bad thing.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  That is my kind of wedding day!  Did the commercial have anything to do with your wedding?

@tends2dogs

No, nothing to do with the wedding. It however was shown a lot on local TV, and many that have known my wife and I for years, found out we got married from the commercial, since it introduced as Mrs and Mr. 

It was a commercial for our 4 season patio room. The company sold more patio rooms and we got $500 for each one that sold from our commercial. Also, the son of a man I used to Race with in the 1960's, was the owner of the business that shot the commercial. We had a great time, and also make some money doing this ad.

Not many that I know had ever been to a first wedding,  for both the bride and groom, that were past the age for getting Senior Discounts. Like our wedding, it was far from what many seem to call "conventional", it was however what we both wanted it to be, and "convention" means zip to either one of us.

Thanks for your reply post,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Another great idea of my husband, his mother and his sister.  We took a road trip through New England (which was beautiful) to Quebec City.  We visited every single church in the city, day after day.  Dozens of photos of me standing in front of a church.

They never stopped in their quest to make a believer out of me, and my ex tried to make me accept the life of a nun except when it was time for me to have another baby.

Didn't work . . . I left to save my sanity (took my four babies in four and a half years with me). 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

We went to a Caribbean island.  My Italian husband who "never got sunburned"  did  and blistered terribly.  I ate something that made me terribly sick for days.  It's a good thing there were 2 double beds in the room, because we each needed our own space. We recuperated by day 5 and were treated to a free (we had LIMITED funds) tour and dinner.  We didn't know a thing about Time Shares until after our free dinner.

Our wedding night was spent at the airport Holiday Inn and our cab driver had a flat on the way to the terminal so we were late and did not get seats together.  On the way home the caterer for Pan Am was on strike and they had no food. (in 1971 you were always served a meal on board and we were counting on that meal)

* I did have a beautiful going-away suit and heels, I wore both coming and going.  My husband wore (his only) a 3-piece suit.

Respected Contributor

Back to work. Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

Telluride

Honored Contributor

The Laurentian mountains in Quebec and the old city. What can I say it was 1974 and we were dumb kids, we drove up, stayed 4 days, decided we didn't like the country or the Canadians and drove back home.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Drove from RI to Columbus Air Force Base in MS....husband was in pilot training....1971...first time i left the state!  Spent wedding night at a local hotel--walked into the room to find two people already in bed!  Tell me the hotel clerk didn't do that on purpose!!

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

We went to a Caribbean island.  My Italian husband who "never got sunburned"  did  and blistered terribly.  I ate something that made me terribly sick for days.  It's a good thing there were 2 double beds in the room, because we each needed our own space. We recuperated by day 5 and were treated to a free (we had LIMITED funds) tour and dinner.  We didn't know a thing about Time Shares until after our free dinner.

Our wedding night was spent at the airport Holiday Inn and our cab driver had a flat on the way to the terminal so we were late and did not get seats together.  On the way home the caterer for Pan Am was on strike and they had no food. (in 1971 you were always served a meal on board and we were counting on that meal)

* I did have a beautiful going-away suit and heels, I wore both coming and going.  My husband wore (his only) a 3-piece suit.

What a great story @lulu2.  It should be made into a movie.  The time share story is hilarious - did you buy??  Caribbean sunburns are the worst!  Dh and I  each got one in the Bahamas.  We fell asleep on the beach on our first day there!  Needless to say, we looked like lobsters.  At least it wasn't our honeymoon.

TA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@tends2dogs

We went out to a mexican lunch with the few family members and close friends that attended our wedding. Early the next morning, still at home, we went to make a TV Commercial for a company in our city.

Went to breakfast after the the video shoot, then back to our home and furry kids. Great time/practical​ and little money spent, which is never a bad thing.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  That is my kind of wedding day!  Did the commercial have anything to do with your wedding?

@tends2dogs

No, nothing to do with the wedding. It however was shown a lot on local TV, and many that have known my wife and I for years, found out we got married from the commercial, since it introduced as Mrs and Mr. 

It was a commercial for our 4 season patio room. The company sold more patio rooms and we got $500 for each one that sold from our commercial. Also, the son of a man I used to Race with in the 1960's, was the owner of the business that shot the commercial. We had a great time, and also make some money doing this ad.

Not many that I know had ever been to a first wedding,  for both the bride and groom, that were past the age for getting Senior Discounts. Like our wedding, it was far from what many seem to call "conventional", it was however what we both wanted it to be, and "convention" means zip to either one of us.

Thanks for your reply post,

hckynut(john)

That sounds like a pretty good deal, @hckynut.  Hey, nonconventional can be the most fun!

OT, but what kind of racing did you do?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

I started Drag Racing on Drag Strips when I was 16. I loved cars and also racing. For me it was the 1320' straight ahead on either concrete or  asphalt race tracks? For years I raced several different Race Cars, all Ford or Ford line of cars. Traveled most every weekend during racing season around the States in the Midwest to race.

Won many different types of Race Classes during those years. Most of my friends were into Drag Racing and hockey in the winter. A couple of them raced Stock Cars on the 2/3 mile dirt track here in town, or the 1/2 mile asphalt track across the river in Iowa.

I preferred Drag Racing for a participant, and circle track racing as a fan in the bleachers. Traveled thousands of miles, mostly 2 lane highways back in those days, towing my Race Cars. My mom wasn't too fond of me racing when I was only 16, but she knew how hard I worked to buy my cars, and she kinda accepted it, I think!

Always love to talk racing, it is still in my blood, just got beyond what I wanted to spend in $$$, so I quit and took up racing with my feet in Road Races. Much easier on the wallet, and also was good for my body.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)